Saturday, May 1, 2010

Malachi got a bite!

Malachi was notified today that he is scheduled for a telephone interview with a local software company here in Baton Rouge! This is right up his alley since he will graduate with his Bachelor’s in Computer Software Development this fall. I can tell he is excited about the interview. I am sure it is a great relief that someone has finally made contact with him in regards to an interview. The Lord is good, and we are trusting in Him alone to place Malachi exactly where He wants him. Even if this job doesn’t pan out, God is still sovereign and we praise Him always.

This weekend has been gloomy weather wise. It has been threatening to rain since yesterday, but we have only had light showers. The air is just saturated, which makes for a gloomy and muggy day. The girls didn’t seem to mind too much, once we brought out the play dough and all the doo dads that go with it; cookie cutters and such. All four of us sat at their little table making play dough masterpieces.

I am thoroughly enjoying this time with Malachi. The Lord has taught me much during the past two weeks, and it is that I should always enjoy time with my husband, and to let God handle the employment aspects of my husband’s life. God’s word is so right when He tells us to “bring every thought captive unto the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5). We have the ability as Christians to recognize wrong thoughts and right thoughts. The Holy Spirit lives in us and brings to light all those thoughts or beliefs which are not consistent with God’s word. How awesome is that; that the Lord would not only take our place of wrath, but would then go on to shape and mold us into His image?

I am certainly not perfect, and I sin constantly; but the Lord is faithful to chastise me and change my heart. I have been as transparent as one can be about my struggles with anxiety and worry, but it seems this time the Lord has totally lifted the burden. I am not worried about tomorrow, because I know the Lord has already gone before me and knows all things. While I do not know the final outcome of this night, tomorrow, next year, or the next ten years; one thing is certain, my life is not my own, and God is free to do with it what He wills.

Soli Deo Gloria!

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon