In a time when many people would be struggling with anxiety and fretting, I am peacefully calm. The Lord in His Sovereignty is using Malachi’s lay off to teach me a few things. In times past when things happened and our finances were hit, I would panic and worry about what would happen to us. This is not the case this time. The Lord has been faithful to reassure me that all is well, and will be well.
I am trying to enjoy the time I have with Malachi, because I know that once he is hired again he may have a schedule we are not used to. My focus the past few days has been to encourage my husband and remind him of just how much I respect, love and appreciate all that he does for our family. Everything I have learned about trusting the Lord, I have had the honor of learning from my husband as he goes through his days being a godly example for our family.
The Lord is also teaching me to delight in Him alone. There will always be people or circumstances that bring with them discouragement in an effort to throw my focus off, but I am thankful that the Lord has placed in my life a husband who keeps me grounded, and other close friends in my life who encourage me daily to keep my focus on the eternal work of.
The Lord has never let me down. I am amazed still today at all the Lord has done in my life. I am even amazed at all those things He has cut away from my life, such as unscriptural desires or behaviors. While the pruning process is never easy or without its fair share of pain, I am thankful the Lord does what He does.
I know that all the Lord does, cause or allows in my life is for my good and ultimately His glory. Since my conversion, my desires have changed from being focused on me (glorifying self) to glorifying God alone. I am grateful that I don’t have to go through this life alone, and that the Lord has given me a wonderful husband, beautiful children (both living and in Heaven), brothers and sisters in Christ, and family. None of us are ever alone, for even if we had everything taken from us as Job did, God is always near.
I lack of nothing and want not. God will give and take away as He pleases, and it is all for His glory. I will rejoice and praise His name and His ways in this season and in the ones to come, regardless of what it may bring.
Last week when I took the girls on their first homeschool field trip I made a new friend. I had the pleasure of riding with her that same evening to a mutual friend’s baby shower. This new sweet friend introduced me to “Exalted Worship: So Great a Salvation” by Scott Krippayne. I enjoyed it so much, that the very next day I bought it through iTunes and now have it on my iPhone and iPod! I highly recommend this CD. It features an introduction by John MacArthur, and Kirk Cameron speaks as well on the CD. It is definitely and completely Christ-centered worship. I have also thoroughly enjoyed Sovereign Grace Music; which can be purchased through iTunes or through their website.
I am just about finished with Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s “The Cost of Discipleship”, and started reading “Shepherding a Child’s Heart” by Tedd Tripp. You can read Tim Challies’ excellent review of this book HERE. This book has been recommended to us by several different people, and I ordered a while back through Vision Forum, and decided that I should start it now.
Malachi and I are also reading “Chosen By God” by R.C. Sproul, and we are thoroughly enjoying this book! There is no denying that Sproul loves the Lord and has a contagious passion for pure and sound theology.
The Lord is great, and is worthy to be praised and worshipped above all else. I am thankful and humbled by all those who have continued to lift us up in prayer and encourage us through all these circumstances. We pray that you will also delight in the Lord as we are doing now. My heart’s desire is that the Lord would receive all the glory for all the good in my life. I do not have the luxury of complaining or envying anyone else, because the Lord has truly been kind and good to me. He has blessed me time after time, which has always been unmerited. I fall short just like the rest of you, but I will always stand and sing that “He is Good”! Each time I get up from falling flat on my face, it is always and undeniably the work of the Jesus Christ in me, for if I was left to my own natural will, I would surely reject the Lord. So, let us all praise the Lord, God Almighty for even choosing one lost soul to salvation. None of us are deserving, and He would be Just to condemn us all to hell for eternity, but the fact that He chose even one of us is truly amazing grace!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














No comments:
Post a Comment