Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Praise God for 7 weeks!

Praise God for week 7 of this pregnancy! This is typically the most crucial week. Getting to week 8 without any complications is a good thing. I am experiencing quite a bit of queasiness; praise the Lord! Only two things have been a bit frightening.

First, a few days ago I had an episode with my heart; an arrhythmia. I have Mitro Valve Prolapse (MVP), which is rarely serious, and usually when I have an episode with that it is pretty painful but only lasts a few seconds. This was totally different however. I was talking on the phone with my best friend and my heart began to race; at least 180 bpm. I got very lightheaded and lost my vision for a few seconds. My OB referred me to my Primary Care Physician, who then sent me in for lab work for a CBC and to check my Thyroid. When I was a teenager and a young adult I had an overactive Thyroid, but ever since I started putting weight on when I was stationed in Korea from 2002-2004, my thyroid has never caused anymore problems. It is possible that it is what caused the arrhythmia, but it also could be something completely unrelated. I will most likely see a Cardiologist within the next few weeks just as a precaution.

The other thing that has been going on is pretty uncomfortable cramping. Now, I totally understand cramping is normal through all trimesters of pregnancy as the uterus expands and prepares to deliver the baby, however, when you have a history of miscarrying between the 6th week and the 10th week, cramping can often times indicate a problem. I have had it go either way with cramping and spotting, or cramping and no spotting, or no symptoms at all when I miscarry. I am not having an ultrasound done until close to 10 weeks on March 19th, so I haven’t a clue if our precious one has a heartbeat or not. While I am experiencing quite a bit of nausea these days, part of it could be related to the extra progesterone I have to take during the first trimester. Trusting God is literally all I can do, and I must with every single pregnancy, because I cannot control one bit of what goes on inside my womb. The OB nurse just told me to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as possible when the cramping gets bad. That is difficult with two little ones, and all of the other things that must get done during the day, mainly, feeding my family by preparing meals, or doing laundry, or just basic cleaning up of the house.

We are continuing to pray that the Lord grants us the honor of keeping this baby, but are fully aware that He promises no such thing. We feel honored as it is having Sofia and Charlotte and the opportunity of having another sweet baby.

Thanks to all who continue to pray for this baby and our family.

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you sweetie and I am so Happy that we are going through this Together.

Sadie said...

so glad that you have made it to 7 weeks, my friend! I will pray that God continues to give you abounding grace to trust Him while you are experiencing any cramping or heart issues.

Amy said...

Crystal,
I will be praying for you and your family during this time. Keep us updated.
Amy

Mrs. Sewell said...

Thanks for the prayers everyone!

The nausea really has kicked in, not full force yet, but I am sure those days are right around the corner.

The blood work to check my Thyroid came back normal, so now it is time to see the cardiologist for some explanations for my heart stuff.

God Bless
Crystal <><

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon