It seems another new year approaches many people begin to reflect on the past year and make observations about what they need to change in their lives. This leads people to make what are called “resolutions” which often times are broken within the first few months of the new year, making it laughable to even reflect on one’s past year in an effort to change future behavior or bad habits. Does this mean that making “resolutions” are necessarily fruitless? I do not believe so, when the resolutions are caused by a conviction of the Holy Spirit. It is only God who can cause awareness in us of things that need to be changed. This is called conviction, and it only comes by way of the Holy Spirit. God gives us the ability to make the changes needed to reflect the work of His Son in us, not merely to “start the year off right” but to ultimately glorify Himself. So, merely making changes in our lives in an effort to “be better” is often times done in vain and leaves us feeling defeated when we are unable to follow through with our “resolutions”.
As I reflect on this past year there are many (as always) things that I need to work on. I am under no delusions that this coming year will bring even more situations to which I will yet again at the end of it be reflecting on even more things that I need to work on. I also realize that I will never achieve greatness or perfection in the form of righteousness without the Sovereign work of Jesus Christ.
Only the Lord can give me the desire or will to live a life that pleases Him. For this I am eternally grateful, because without His intervention in my life I would only desire to rebel against Him, ultimately leaving me to my natural depraved state.
I pray that we will all seek God and ask Him to show us the areas in our lives that need drastic changing, not just on the eve of a new year, but each and every day. Our sole aim should be to serve Him and to do so in humble submission to the standard given to us in Jesus Christ. God’s Word, the Holy Bible, is the very first place God speaks to His people, and this is where we should meet Him often.
“for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.”
Philippians 2:13
“Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?”
2 Corinthians 13:5
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














No comments:
Post a Comment