Friday, October 23, 2009

Prayer Request


We are still very happy and excited about expecting a new little one, however, yesterday brought potentially grave news as my HCG levels are not doubling as they should every 48 hours, and this causes a bit of concern. We are not sure how far along I am, and will not know until I have an ultrasound, which is scheduled for next Friday (30 Oct) at 11am. I am also scheduled for more blood work on Monday and Tuesday. There are three possibilities in this situation:

1. I am miscarrying

2. I am experiencing an ectopic pregnancy

3. All is normal and fine and the HCG levels will begin to double every 48 hours soon.

Prayer is much needed in a time like this. Fear and doubt begin to inch its sneaky way in, and millions of questions begin to flood my mind. Last night Malachi and I had a discussion about what we would do if this is indeed an ectopic pregnancy. We both understand the risks and complications inevitably for baby and for mom. Just so everyone understands we will not take any steps in terminating a pregnancy that is known to be ectopic. If the baby is still living, then we trust the Lord completely to do as He wills. If the baby is no longer with us, then we will allow the doctors to operate. As hard of a decision as this can be, knowing the complications that can arise which could endanger my life, we cannot justify killing a child. We discussed it last night only out of wanting to be prepared, not because we have any evidence that this is an ectopic pregnancy.

We ask for prayer for the sweet baby that the Lord has blessed us with, for their protection and health. We ask for prayer in regards to my health and safety, but ultimately we ask for God’s will to be done and that He be glorified in all things.

We are not declaring that this is a doomed or failed pregnancy; we just wanted to make those who care and love us aware of the potential situation. I am still taking progesterone, and while my progesterone levels are a tad lower than the doctor would like to see, they are still within normal range, as is the HCG levels. We will know more next week, and until then we covet your prayers and hope to have excellent news by the end of next week. In all things, our hope is in the Lord and His grace is sufficient!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)


1 comment:

alexis said...

Crystal; I am praying for you, your unborn baby and your family. I have no doubt that the Lord will take care of you all during this frightening time.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon