Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Frugally Feminine Apparel Series - Day 2

Sofia decided that she wanted to take a picture with me to show how modestly she was dressed today. What is so sweet is that she picked out her own outfit today and even knew to tell me she needed “bloomers” on under her dress so that she could be a “lady”. My sweet girl! (I purchased her dress at Target for $12.99.)

My outfit is also from Target. The shirt is their Merona brand and it was on sale for $12.99. I just loved the way this shirt looked and that it completely covers my chest area. There is absolutely no chance of anyone getting an inappropriate peek should I happen to lean down. I am pretty sure this shirt comes in several other colors. Definitely worth every penny!

You might think that I have a skirt on, but it is really a dress. The top of the dress I do not think is modest at all, so I have chosen to put shirts on over it, which makes for creating several different outfits. The dress is also from Target’s Merona brand and it actually did cost quite a bit; $29.99. It is 100% cotton and I love that the length is really long. I usually wear this several times a week because it can easily be worn with just about any skirt I have. So, in reality, it isn’t all that expensive because I could quite literally wear this every single day of the week, if I chose to. This outfit is very comfortable and I can still chase my girls around the house with ease.

When my husband came home from work today to pick the girls and I up for the doctor’s appointments he immediately said that I looked “very nice”. Having him approve and even like what I am wearing is such a blessing to me. It truly does give me a boost of confidence knowing that he has no reason to be ashamed of how I look when I am on his arm.

“The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life”.

Proverbs 31: 11-12

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

The Watts Family said...

That is a really great idea putting the shirt over the dress! I will have to try that out! You guys look modest and fabulous ~Blessings Heather ;-)

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon