I love being a wife and mother! If I haven’t said it lately I am saying it now! I love my husband and my daughters. I love caring for my home, husband and daughters. There is nothing that brings me more joy than knowing that I have been given the honor of my ministry being to my family. There is absolutely NO other “work” that would give me more satisfaction and a feeling of pride than being a wife and mother.
My sweet husband blessed me a recently with a sewing machine and I have been trying to teach myself (not an easy task) to make clothes for me and the girls. I have sewn two skirts for myself, a dress for Sofia and a skirt for her to match one of my skirts. Sofia loves to sit and help (watch) me sew. Her little face lights up with joy when I put the sewing machine on the table to begin a project.
Mommy and Sofia
Today I made Sofia her first skirt. She calls it her “mommy skirt” because it matches a skirt I made for myself this past Sunday. I made my skirt in an hour…before church! I was able to sit down and use the left over fabric to make Sofia a matching one…in about an hour! I don’t have enough fabric to make one for Charlotte, but I am going to buy another yard of it to make Charlotte a matching dress. How sweet will that be!
A sweet friend of mine gave me her old knitting needles so that I can teach myself to knit. I semi-know how to crochet and love it, so I am assuming I will enjoy knitting as well. Malachi really wants to turn our spare room into a place for my crafts and photography, we just need to find time to clean it all out and set it up. He always says I am hard to shop for, but that now he knows exactly what to get me…fabric, fabric, fabric and more fabric (and other sewing notions)!
I never want to fall prey to “idleness”. I want to manage my time wisely and use my talents to create a home that pleases God and my husband. (Proverbs 31:27) Teaching myself to cook from scratch, preparing a budget off of one income, sewing and all other domestic abilities is hard, but it is so worth it! These are things that are not being taught to young girls because their mothers are at work, don’t see the value in teaching these things or were never taught. It is sad that we have a generation of women who have no clue how to be a wives and mothers, nor do they have the motivation to learn because Feminism tells them they don’t need to. I want to raise a generation who fears the Lord and seeks His face. I want to raise young women to find joy and contentment in being a wife to their husband and mother to their children. It all starts at home!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













1 comment:
I just think your mommy-daughter matching skirts are totally precious!
About how much money did it cost to make one skirt? Do you ever plan on making a blouse?
Post a Comment