Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Series to Come, But First an Update

After a few emails from readers wondering where I am, I have decided to post a short blog on “where I’ve been” and my “blog to do list”.

It is seriously a “full-time” job being a wife and mother, especially one who is at home all the time. It is humorous how there are some people who assume that because I am at home I miraculously have all this “free time” to just frolic through my days without a care in the world. This could not be farther from the truth. It actually seems I can’t get anything accomplished. Everyone knows that laundry is never done, the kitchen never stays clean, and toys always walk away from the toy box seconds after placing them there. Sofia will be 3 years old soon and Charlotte will be 8 months old soon, so they both keep me pretty busy. The idea of “me time” is simply a joke that I joyfully laugh at. Who needs “me time” when there is more joy and fulfillment in hearing “mommy I love you”? No matter how tired and exhausted I get, nothing can take me away from my babies nor stifle the inner desire to be with them 24/7.

With all that said…I am a busy momma! I love to blog and encourage my fellow Christian sisters, but my husband, children and home are the priorities of my days. I have a few blog posts still in progress, but just haven’t had time to complete them.

Upon the request of a sweet friend and faithful reader I am going to begin a series on “The Fruits of the Spirit” soon. However, before I begin this series it will require some study. I am praying that I can at least get it started within a week, but we’ll see how life unfolds.

I also have two other blog posts started, just not complete. One will be on the idea of “me time” and are we entitled to it? Can we survive the stresses and lack of sleep when we are mothering young children, without getting the all sacred “me time”? I am also working on a post about “True Christianity” and what it means to be a Christian. There are so many people who say they are Christians yet have no clue what it actually means to be a Christian. They either don’t know or don’t care about Christian Doctrine and the essentials. People are oblivious that as a Christian God COMMANDS our lives to be strikingly different than the way the world lives. So, I want to address the heart of the issues of Christianity, and how one can examine their lives to see if they are truly in the faith or just a false convert.

These three assignments will take a while to complete, but you can rest assured that I am diligently working on them. With that said, please understand that this blog and my website will not take priority over my duties as a wife and mother. So, if you don’t see posts for a few days/weeks, then you can assume that my family needs me more and I am doing my Godly duty of caring for them before all else. There are also some sensitive family matters that we are currently facing, and I want to be available to my extended family. So there is much going on in my life at the moment, but rest assured I have not forgotten about you all and I have not given up on this blog or my website.

I do pray that you all are well and thriving in Christ. I pray that you are honoring God by serving Him and your families. I pray that you will take the time to reevaluate everything in your life and examine whether or not it brings Glory to God, or keeps you from Him or your duties as a wife and mother.

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <><

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon