Friday, November 21, 2008

Our First Family Trip – Departure Tomorrow


We will be departing tomorrow for our trip to visit Malachi's father for Thanksgiving. We will be making the 8-9 hour drive to Georgia and will return either Friday or Saturday of next week!

I am pretty excited about this trip as it will be our very first "family trip". (Evacuating for Hurricane Gustav doesn't count!)

We rented a car for this special occasion because we are not confident that our car will make the trip there and back. We were able to rent a Trailblazer for a whole lot less than we allotted for it. We rented through AVIS car rental and they gave us a discount and we did not need a credit card! We had allotted about $1000 for the rental car but only had to spend half that! Praise the Lord! We have enough room for all of our things AND for me to get in the back with the girls should one of them have a meltdown. We leave early in the morning and I will spend most of the evening cleaning and packing.

The Lord has been so good to us!

I am printing out activities for Sofia to do in the car. I will make a trip to Target tonight for snacks and other goodies to keep Sofia occupied. We will also have our handy dandy portable DVD player! This should make the trip a million times more pleasant for Sofia.

I got to drive the Trailblazer home today and boy is that a BIG vehicle. I just wish we had the money to buy a car like that! It has so much room it is ridiculous. A little while ago I was talking to my friend on the phone and told her about how cool it is that the driver's seat actually raises UP! She laughed because evidently this is not a new feature. We have a 1998 Toyota Camry…with no cool features, so this is a pretty nice car to us.

I will most definitely take a million pictures of our traveling adventures and of our visit with Malachi's father and his family. Please pray that we have an uneventful trip and that we make it there in record time! Also, pray that both girls do well as of course they will have to stay in their carseats.

I pray that you all have a pleasant and blessed Thanksgiving!


 

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I will say a prayer for you guys that you will have safe travels.
If it makes you feel better, I drive a 95 Ford Explorer. I feel blessed b/c it has central locking! LOL

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon