"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 The days of being a wife and mother can be exhausting. I have in the past few days lost my patience with both children. I find that when I am tired like I have been my patience is almost non-existent. I must admit this is unacceptable. It shouldn't matter how tired I am, my words should be kind and gentle to my husband and my children at all times. I need to stop trying to do things without the help of the Lord. I think we all fall into this pit at some point in our lives. I have to stop and take note of all the sweet blessings the Lord has given me. He needs to be my focus throughout the day. I find that when I have praise and worship music playing throughout the day it helps to keep my focus where it needs to be; off of me and on Jesus. Making time to study God's Word and be with Him in prayer are an important detail that often gets put aside for a few more minutes of sleep. "I can do that later" is not acceptable to the Lord. He will eventually take every measure to get our attention. There is a Newsboys song that I listened to the other day. I can't quite remember the name of the song, but one of the lyrics is "did you forget who's trip you are on?" I love that line of the song. It makes so much sense! I am not on my "own" journey, but I am on the Lord's trip. He is the one who carries me throughout this life now that I have declared Him my Lord and Savior. I think we often forget who's "schedule of events" we are on. No matter how tired or weary we become through this journey of life, we need to remember who our Source is. Our God will renew our strength if we just run to Him. We sometimes get caught up in doing things our own way, and this is what causes the exhaustion we become overwhelmed with. God calls us to gain strength from Him that He offers so graciously to His children. Let us never forget that our Source of strength is the everlasting God! Lord, help me to stay plugged into You. Forgive me Lord for failing to depend on you for my every need. You are Awesome! In Jesus Name, Amen! Serving God and My Family, Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
My Source
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I think, we Moms, can all relate! I have to stay focused on the blessings or I just am no good to anyone!
Post a Comment