Sunday, September 14, 2008

No Compromising Here


    I begin this post with a "thank you" to all those who have supported, encouraged, loved and prayed for me and my ministry of spreading the Gospel to reach the lost and to encourage and challenge Christian women to live Biblically. When I first began this blog I had no clue what I was getting myself into. All I knew is that I wanted to have an avenue to reach other Christian women, wives and mothers and encourage them in the Lord while challenging them and myself to live a life based on Biblical principles. I am finding that this task is filled with much discouragement. I have learned over the past 3 years that anything that is done to proclaim the name of Jesus as Lord and to expose the enemy's lies will most definitely tick Satan off. Any ministry done in the name of Jesus will be attacked by Satan in an effort to destroy not only the ministry but the people behind the ministry.


 

    Before my radical and miraculous conversion I led a life ridden with compromise and a lack of understanding of Christian doctrine. This I blame on the lack of a spiritual father as the head of my family. I did not have a male father figure over me who taught me the word of God. This is so typical of the families in our society today. There are far too many young people who have no clue as to why Christianity is the "One True Faith". There are far too many young people who have no clue why Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven. There are far too many young people who believe they can say the "sinner's prayer" and then walk out of the church and live a lifestyle opposite of what God commands of a confessing believer. The other sad issue is that, there are FAR too many OLD people who don't know these things either. There are also far too many "Christians" who are not even interested in learning the basics of Christian Theology. There are far too many "Christians" who don't feel it is there "calling" to spread the Gospel at every chance they get. They really believe they can just say they are a Christian and never actually open their mouth and proclaim Jesus as Lord. This infuriates me as these are the "Christians" the world measures real believers by. Jesus Christ is NOT a "get out of hell free card". If one takes this position on Christ's sacrifice, they really should check their spiritual pulse to see if they are truly in the faith. If you are not being persecuted for Christ's sake then maybe you should figure out who you are catering to? Are you serving the Lord with total abandon? Or are you merely one of those "Christians" who just wants to "talk the talk, but not walk the walk"?


 

    Why is Christianity the One True Faith? What does it mean to be a Christian? What does it mean to be saved? How is a Christian to live their lives? These are BASIC questions that Christians should know the BIBLICAL answers to. However, sadly, many "Christians" haven't got a clue and when challenged they get all offended and resort to appealing to their feelings. They also use scripture out of context. For example: "You can't judge me. The Bible says we are not to judge people." Huh? Where did Jesus say that? In fact the scriptures actually demand that we "judge" everything. We are to judge everything rightly and by the standards that Christ has set forth in the scriptures. God gave us a wonderful "handbook" to teach us of about WHO HE IS, WHAT HE EXPECTS of us who CLAIM to believe in Him for the forgiveness of our sins, and how to carry out His will in order to bring glory to HIM. However, there are FAR too many "Christians" who don't even read their Bibles! This is the reason for using scripture out of context. They don't study! When we are in school what are we encouraged to do in order to learn what we are being taught? STUDY! Why is it that there are "Christians" who don't apply this to their Christian Faith? Merely going to church every Sunday or on holidays does not make you a Christian. There is more to being a Christian than your church attendance or how much you tithe. I am not saying that "works" are what saves a person. What I am saying is what James says "I will show you my faith by my works." James 2:18. Part of these "works" is actually giving voice to your faith in Christ while actively LIVING out Biblical principles. This means NOT compromising on what is BIBLICALLY right for what is right in the eyes of an unbelieving world, or what allows you to live a comfortable life without being challenged in your faith.


 

    As a person who has given into compromise in the past and has seen the consequences of this, I CANNOT compromise my faith in Christ for anyone. In the past few years this has caused much "drama" with people who are close to me. These people may think me "radical" or "crazy", but I have decided to get back to the basic fundamental truths within Christianity and LIVE by that. This means that in some cases people will be uncomfortable around me or just plan aggravated with me. In the words of Dr. Voddie Bauchman, "For those of you who know me, know that this concerns me greatly"…laugh laugh. (From Dr. Voddie Bauchman's Podcast on Biblical Headship)


 

    In all seriousness, I use this blog as an avenue to reach Christian women, both wives and mothers, who have a heart to serve the Lord no matter the cost and encourage them with God's Word. No one is perfect, but as Christians we are continually being perfected. My ultimate aim is to be conformed into the likeness of Christ, so that it is not me that people see but Christ Jesus in me.


 

I end this post with a challenge to those complacent Christians, to get up off your behind and LIVE like Christ! For those who are continuing in the faith and are constantly being persecuted for Christ's sake I say:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

James 1: 2-5


 

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Treasures From Heaven said...

What an awesome post Crystal. So awesome that it inspired me to say something on my blog and I linked back to your blog for others to read your article.

Christian's need to wake up and boldly proclaim the name of Jesus rather than seeing what THEY get out of it.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon