Charlotte is now 9 weeks old and she is just a delight! This past Sunday was our first Sunday back to church since Charlotte was born. It was nice to be able to fellowship with other "like-minded" believers. We missed our Church family so much. Charlotte slept through the entire service which was a sweet treat for Malachi and me. Now that we are back home, Sofia is really showing signs of just how hard it is on little ones to be away from home for too long. The first night back Sofia slept in her bed like a champ. I think mostly because she was just so exhausted. Last night however was a different story. We put her in bed at 8pm and thought all was well. After a few minutes Sofia began to cry and call for her daddy. Malachi assured her that everything was ok and that it was "night night" time. After he walked out of her room she began crying again. I decided to try and help console Sofia. However, I ended up laying down in bed with her for over 30 minutes and when I thought she was fast asleep I snuck out and headed back downstairs. Sofia must have woken up briefly to find mommy gone and began crying again. This time Malachi went and lay down with her until she fell fast asleep. This took about 30 minutes. Malachi and I weren't able to actually head to bed until about 11pm and around 330am or so, Sofia woke up crying and calling for her daddy. So it seems that Sofia will need some help in sleeping in her room again. Last week because we evacuated Sofia had to sleep with Malachi and me. It doesn't bother us at all to have both our girls close to us at night, but it confuses Sofia when we return home. Sofia is a child that thrives on consistency and stability. I can tell now that "routine" really gives her a sense of security. Some people would think that I am setting my child up for failure by keeping her on a schedule. I humbly disagree. I have read many reports and studies that show that children who have a consistent schedule throughout the day AND have their mother is at home with them every day, develop much better than children who are not provided this type of stability. Sofia does get separation anxiety when she can't find Malachi and I. This in my opinion is a natural response of those children who find security in their parents. I also feel this is the way children should be with their parents. It mirrors how we would feel if the Lord were to be out of our view. My relationship with Christ as His child is no different than a child's relationship with their own parents. This is God's design and the reason that He commands parents to "parent" their won children. I have heard it said many times "It takes a village to raise a child". Obviously God missed that memo. There is not one place in scripture that gives us the idea that other people are needed to rear a child. The responsibility is placed solely on the child's father and mother. I love that my daughter depends and her father and mother. I love that she would rather be with her us than anyone else, whether it is extended family or close friends. I am sure that the Lord delights so much when we would rather be with Him than anyone else! Serving God and My Family, Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
The Joys of Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I agree that children thrive on a routine. It helps them to know what to expect out of each and every day. Keep up the great work raising your daughters to be Children of God! No village needed around our house either. My husband and I are more than enough for our boys with Christ at the center!
Post a Comment