Charlotte is now one week old! We can hardly believe just how precious she is. The test for the Neonatal Lupus came back negative! Praise the Lord! She is still responding well to the heart medication for the SVT. She had her appointment with the cardiologist and we were told she has a “challenging” form of SVT called “ectopic focus”. At her next appointment she will be placed on a halter heart monitor for 24 hours to monitor how her heart is doing. The doctor is confident that as long as she continues to respond well to the medication she will be fine.
Charlotte is just a perfect baby! She is nursing well and sleeping well too! I am finally beginning to get some rest at night. It is amazing how LITE I feel now! Carrying around a 10lb baby is a lot of work for this body, and I ain’t no young wiper snapper anymore!
Sofia is enjoying her new role as BIG SISTER. She has been so sweet with Charlotte and loves to kiss her. It is amazing how my love has multiplied since having Charlotte. Being the mother of two sweet girls is such a blessing. I keep hearing “Oh you have your work cut out for you with two children now”, and to that I say, “What else was I made for?” Being a mother is “work” and it is the MOST rewarding job I have ever had. So, I say “bring the work on!” I know that my “calling” in life (as some people call it) is to be a Godly wife and mother. It is a full time job and I have no time for anything else, so, it should be “hard work”. Since marrying my husband all I have dreamed of is having a house full of children. Some may say that is absolutely crazy, and I feel sorry for them that they can’t seem to see past their own selfish motivations in this life and see how much of a blessing it is to raise children for the Lord. Also, we know from John 1 that children are born NOT of the will of men but of the will of God. So, when a child is conceived it is because God has willed it. I am so blessed to have Him see me fit to be the mother of His tiny creations.
“…children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.” John 1:13 NIV
A friend of mine and I were discussing just how amazing the Lord’s design is. I have housed Charlotte for 9 months in my body all safe and protected. Now my body has the big task of supplying the perfect nourishment for her far beyond birth. I find that fascinating! The Lord certainly has all this planned out perfectly. My friend Sarah, over at “Generation Four”, blogged about this and posted some great links on her post "In Awe of God's Design", that I hope you all will check out. She is new to the blogging world, so please add her to your bookmarks/favorites and let’s encourage her in the Lord!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM of two beautiful daughters)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Loving Being the Mother of Two Daughters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













5 comments:
I am so happy to hear that your first week as a new mommy to Charlotte has been going so well. She is certainly a blessing! I will be in prayer for her heart and the challenges that might be ahead. Keep posting pics. I LOVE to see the girls!
I'm glad that things are going well and that the Lupus was negative, praise God! Thanks for your encouraging post. I know it is hard when people make comments about how many children you have or how close together they are. Mine are 10 1/2 months apart and people can be so bold in what they say! I feel the same way you do and I am so grateful for the privileged to be a mom. We are expecting baby #3 now, due late March next year. We're very excited about it:) God bless!
I think she looks a lot like your hubby in the picture with her older sister. I pray the meds will work. She looks like a little charmer.
My daughter is one week late and still no contractions. If the baby does not come by next week they will have to induce.
I am so glad you are doing well and that you had a safe delivery!
Crystal, I am rejoicing with you as you settle into life with two little girls. It is an encouragement to hear how your heart grows as a mother.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment