Monday, May 19, 2008

A Joyous Day


My handsome Husband, Me, Sofia and My Mom




My grandmother (Mom's mom), Cassandra and her daughter Kinsley, Me holding Sofia (who is obviously tired of all the pictures), Erin and My Mom


Oh Happy Day!

Each day brings us one day closer to the joyous arrival of Charlotte. Yesterday we were able to attend my baby sister’s “Surprise” baby shower. She definitely was surprised. For weeks now everyone has tried to keep it a secret from her, and it actually worked!


Cassandra (middle sister), Me, Erin (baby sister who is pregnant too), and My Mom

From Left to Right


My baby sister is having her first child, a boy, and is due a few weeks before me! The theme for the baby’s room is sailboats and everything was decorated in that theme yesterday for the shower. My mom and sisters came on Saturday for the 4D ultrasound of Charlotte and then we drove all over Baton Rouge (so it felt like) to buy a dress for Sofia and my middle sister’s daughter…of course with sailboats on them. We were successful with Sofia’s dress in Baton Rouge, and she looked adorable in it!


Yes, Sofia was the taste tester of the cake!



YES, it was safe to eat!



Can you tell I am my mother's daughter?



It was great to spend time with my mom and sisters two days in a row, but I am exhausted!

My mother helped get me started on sewing Sofia’s birthday dress. Yes, I am venturing into the land of the “sewing machine”. My mother is letting me borrow her sewing machine so that I can learn before buying one of my own. It is nice to know that Sofia will be wearing a dress that I sewed (with my mom’s help of course). I still have to crochet a baby blanket for my new nephew. So much to do, so little time and energy!

Sofia’s birthday party will be great! We are getting so excited about her turning 2 years old. It is amazing how fast children grow. Right before my very eyes I have watched this sweet baby go from rolling over to crawling, to walking/falling and now to being this little person with her own special personality! God is an amazing designer!

As we approach Sofia’s birthday we will also be having a baby shower. It is neat to think about having two little girls in the house. We look forward to when Sofia and Charlotte will be best friends. Sofia loves babies and has shown us that she CAN be gentle. It will be a sweet welcome for Charlotte.

Thank you all for your love, support, encouragement and prayers. These past few months, while they have been rough at times, have been such a blessing. Although I am at that “uncomfortable” stage of pregnancy I am enjoying every minute of it! What a blessing it is to have babies to raise up in the ways of the Lord!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

PaisleyJade said...

Love your blog - all the best with bubba on the way! We lost two babies too - isn't it neat knowing that we will meet them oneday! Bless you. xK

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon