Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some Resources for Christian Living


Do you need some help in planning a daily schedule? I sure do!


We have a basic schedule of when we wake up, nap time, supper time and then bedtime. Somewhere and somehow in between these events I get laundry done, the kitchen cleaned and supper ready. I must be honest though, getting the house cleaned and organized isn't always accomplished. Last night I did manage to rearrange Sofia's bedroom and put clean sheets on both beds in her room while Malachi gave her a bath. Seeings that I am almost in the third trimester, my energy level may not match my enthusiasm for cleaning.


Crystal at Biblical Womanhood has written a great article on scheduling. Creating and implementing a workable full-fledged schedule” gives us an example of Crystal's day. This is just one post in a series of post under the subject of “Finding Time”.


I hope that you find them just as helpful.


Need some tips on how to get your home ready for Spring? Mrs. Fuentes at “A Wise Woman Builds Her Home” posted some tips for preparing your home for Spring. “Homemaking for the Spring” will help you to get your head and heart in the right place for preparing for the Springtime.


I love the site “Ladies Against Feminism”. There are so many articles there that keep me focused on true femininity. If you have never seen this site, I recommend all you Christian Wives and Mothers go over and take a look. Lots of great stuff there!


A Mustard Seed House: Living small in a super-sized world” is a great article on learning to live “smaller”. Putting our lives in perspective and living on only what we need is the best way to be a good steward of what God has given us. Living below our means and not above them is the best thing a Christian family can do! We surely don't live in a big house, or drive a brand new car but there are times where we have fallen into the trap of living above our means, and it has cost us in the way of being in debt. Now, there is no real way not to be in debt, but we all should make wise choices and be good stewards of what God HAS given us. Living above one's means is the same as being selfish. So let's all try our best to put things back into perspective and use all that we have to Glorify and Honor the Lord...because in reality, we own nothing!


A very important part of being a parent is to guard our children from things that will most definitely pull them into the world. Malachi and I use netflix to see movies. However, we ALWAYS check the Christian critiques before having a movie sent to us. It may sound stupid because we are adults and can “legally” watch whatever we want. As Christians we need to guard our liberties and be conservative with them. Safe guarding ourselves against licentiousness is the best policy when it comes to exercising our Christian liberties. If it doesn't edify or bring honor to God, then we run the other direction. A great place to check out movies BEFORE your children (or yourself) see them is “Plugged In Online”. A good Christian brother and sister recommended this site and we have used it a million times. We want to teach our children that self control is a Godly virtue, and just because we “can” watch something doesn't mean that we should.


Let us always remember that we need to pick one side of the fence to live on. We can't have Christ and the world. We need to either be hot or cold. So chose this day who you will serve! (Joshua 24:15)


“ ‘I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, I will spit you out of my mouth!’ ” (Revelation 3:15–16).


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Renee said...

Thanks for all the great links! An answer to a long time prayer. Just yesterday my husband and I were talking about how housework is a full time job and trying to fit the housework around him and myself working full time. We don't have any kids and financially cannot afford for me to stay home yet. -Renee

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon