Preparing for a new baby seems like a daunting task. How can we possibly prepare for the unknown? Anyone who knows me, knows that I like having a plan of action. So I have been seeking Godly council and wisdom from other Christian mothers on how to prepare our family for a new addition.
On Tammy's website she wrote an article on how she prepared herself and her family for the arrival of another child. I loved the article and the practical ways she prepared for a new baby.
If you are looking for tips and practical ways to prepare for your new baby then you must read “Preparing for a new baby: What worked for me!”
Do you ever feel the task of motherhood is just too overwhelming to even think about having another child? I have met plenty of women who have said “enough is enough, no more kids” out of frustration and feeling overwhelmed. If you are one of these such women, then I highly encourage you to first pray and find your strength in the Lord. Secondly I would encourage you to read this great article “Dying to Self As a Mother” by Christine Jelinek.
Being the mother of an almost 2 year old and expecting a baby in July, I can tell you that I don't seem to have enough time in the day, especially when it comes to my daily devotions or quiet time with the Lord. My days can become so hectic that if I had to chose between sitting quietly reading a devotion or catching up on household chores or even a nap, devotional time usually won't win. This type of cycle can lead to a spiritual desert or complacency. I found a great article that encouraged me to prayerfully seek time to spend with the Lord and His Word. Our relationship with the Lord MUST take precedence over all other things that vie for our attention. If our relationship with God is running dry you can bet the rest of our world will follow suit. I encourage you to read “Encouragement for mothers of young children” by Barbara over at “Stray Thoughts”.
I pray the articles I have included in this post will be of encouragement to all you mothers of young children. They have helped me to “keep things in perspective” and not fear the unknown. God knows the end from the beginning and that gives me great comfort and peace. He is an awesome God who will provide for His children. I have nothing to fear! Praise the Lord!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)















1 comment:
Yes, it is hard with little ones. I watched my granddaughter for 4 days and found it really difficult to do devotions. I had to do them before or after she was in bed. Although, one thing that partially worked was to put to pull up the reading on the computer and let it read the passage outloud. My granddaughter would sit and lesson to sections of it. But prayer I need to do alone. I remember it got easier as I had more children and they could entertain themselves a bit more. But I often did my studying and praying at night because I often needed a nap when they were really little. I will have to read Barbara's article.(of course I am a grandma--but it may still be helpful for advice for my daughter;-)
Post a Comment