It is finally Friday! Today I woke up a little on the “not so awake” side, but the Lord was gracious enough to give me a boost of energy! I must admit though I really could sleep for a few more hours! I have been battling with congestion the last couple months. Malachi said to me last night that it seems like I have been congested forever! Thankfully my OBGYN prescribed me a decongestant that works great. The only downside is it makes me sleepy, so I only take it at night.
I must brag on my husband for a moment. First, he started his new job yesterday and he loves it! The Lord has been so good to us and has honored my husband time and time again for his obedience. Malachi arrived at his new place of employment yesterday and was led to his very own office! WOW! Malachi says this is a real “grown-up” job! Since Malachi and I were first married he has been working jobs that pay by the hour. This is his first job since the military that is a salary paying job! So praise the Lord for that!
Also yesterday he had to do some orientation over the phone for 2 hours. Most of it was about our new medical benefits. We found out that the new plan we have is better than the one we had through Best Buy! Also, our medical benefits start on the 1st of March! No waiting! Malachi is getting good at knowing exactly what kind of medical coverage we need. It is such a wonderful blessing to be able to trust my husband to make the right decisions for our growing family.
Malachi has to take a business trip to Washington State for a weeks worth of training. The great news is that Sofia and I can join him! We are so excited about all the new things the Lord is bringing forth into our life. There were days that we almost lost hope that Malachi would get a better paying job. However, the Lord is always faithful to provide on HIS time! That is one of the hardest lessons that I am always in the process of learning.
I am learning that I have all the that the Lord wants me to have at this point in my life. He never gives us more than we can handle. God has been so faithful to provide for our every need. I am also learning HE is ALL I NEED! We all “think” we need food and clothing and homes to live in, but I am learning that all I need is Jesus Christ! I know that we are all creatures of comfort. We often times fall into a trap thinking that we are entitled to certain comforts. The scriptures never tells us that we are entitled to any worldly comforts. I think of Paul and the other Apostles and how hard this life was for them. The one thing that kept them going each and everyday was Jesus Christ and knowing that He is sufficient. The Apostles had to rely on God for everything! The very breath they breathe was solely dependent on the Lord.
Are you completely sold our for the Lord? Do you think you would fall apart or trust in the Lord if you lost everything today including your husband and children? I must admit that my initial reaction may be of the flesh. I often forget about the Lord's Sovereignty in my life. I also forget everything that I have HE gave to me and HE can take it away if He chooses. Either way HE is worthy to be praised. I also know from scripture that God does not tempt anyone with evil. So if I were to lose everything, including my husband and children that God is not tempting me with evil. I may not see or understand His plan, but I can trust that God is always good.
I pray that as we go through this life depending on the Lord for all things, that we will praise Him when He gives and when He takes away.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














2 comments:
Praise God for Malachi's job! I am so happy for you guys, and can't wait to see you next week!
Your words are such an inspiration to me. They are a constant reminder that I need to look to the Lord for everything in my life. I can see him grow and mold me as I trust Him more and more.
Praise the Lord! My heart rejoices with your family in the continued providence of the Lord. He truly is our provider and sustainer. Have a lovely time up in Washington, hope the sun comes out a bit for you while you are there!
Post a Comment