
Thank God it's Friday! Well actually, Friday's are no different than any other day in our house! So we thank God for everyday!
Last night was a rough night. Sofia is waking up at 2am on the dot every night crying. We have tried laying in the big bed in her room with her until she falls asleep...but she doesn't fall asleep. When she sees Daddy or Mommy she thinks it is time to play! So last night we had to let her cry. It breaks my heart to hear her cry. She finally fell sleep at a little after 4am, but then woke up again about 45 minutes later! So yes, no sleep for Daddy and Mommy last night. Sofia also refused to take a nap today. Any suggestions?
I took another belly bump picture today! I am just so excited to see the progress of this pregnancy in pictures! Sofia now will pat my tummy and say “bebe”. Very cute! I have been having bouts of dizzy spells lately, which I know are usually normal. The other day in Walmart I just about passed out, but it was because my sugar levels were low. Apple juice fixed me right up!
I made a new recipe tonight for supper! SUPER SUPER easy and just delicious! If you are having trouble with supper ideas, or just need something simple and inexpensive to make, Tammy has the best recipe---Rice Medley! Sofia even ate it all up and liked it! WHOO HOO! I highly recommend it. The only changes I made were adding soy sauce and not adding the bell pepper. Delicious!!!
Just for fun I added a poll for baby boy names. We won't know the sex until next month, but we can't seem to pick a boy's name. Take the poll and help us pick a name!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














4 comments:
I love your belly pictures. You look wonderful and I am so glad this pregnancy is going smoothly.
I am so excited to find out the sex of the baby with you. I can't wait for February and Malachi's birthday. How exciting.
I am trying to think back to what I did with Ranen when he didn't sleep well at night. Sometimes you just have to let them cry, but I know some people don't believe in CIO.
The only suggestion I can think of is: Even if Sophia doesn't take a nap, she can still have quiet time. And hopefully, eventually she will fall asleep. Ranen doesn't take naps anymore and has not for a long time but he still gets quiet time.
We put a basket of books on his bed and he can read quietly. Lately, about once or twice a month, he will actually fall asleep.
Hopefully, tomorrow will be a new day and things will be back to normal but I know it is sooooooooo hard because you and Malachi are not getting sleep either.
Hi Crystal,
Your belly is cute!
Helana went through a stage where she had "night terrors"; she'd wake up screaming and there was no comforting her because she wasn't actually awake. She'd cry and throw herself in the floor and not let us touch her for about an hour or more. That was so disturbing, and we felt totally helpless. She did out grow it however. I know it is not the same as what Sofia is doing, but perhaps she too will grow out it. I'll pray it gets better cause a pregnant mama needs rest and so does a working daddy!
Marcia
Hi Crystal, I just popped over to your blog tonight so I could listen to your music while I re-organize my pantry.
I just wanted to encourage you about Sophia and the sleep issue. I think it will get easier as time passes. In fact, since this is night one, the crying may never happen again. (no promises there, but I've seen it happen with other kids) She's just not used to you leaving her in her room like that alone. If she's always gotten picked up and gone in bed with you or whatever, that's what she's used to, so you need to establish a new routine and she needs to know that you mean business! Waking up at 2 am is just a habit that will probably be broken easily and quickly. I'm speaking from experience with 5 kids.
At this age, the answer is not staying in her room with her. What I've done at this age is go in the room, pick the toddler up and cuddle a minute, telling her its bedtime and then lay her back down. Sing to her, pat her, whatever she likes--this should only take a minute. Say night night and then leave! A couple nights of this and the waking up should cease.
Once my kids have started sleeping through the night, they all go through periods of night waking. Sometimes its teething and I'll nurse them for a few nights and then when the pain stops, they'll go back to sleeping through the night.
Refusing to nap is not an option. She needs to know that. Even when she gets a little older and doesn't need to sleep, you need that hour or two for yourself, so you can call it quiet time for her instead of naptime. This is non-negotiable!
~blessings, Guinever
hang in there and let me know how it goes!
http://birthingwithguinever.com/
Many times with my kids, when their nightime sleep patterns changed, a NEW TOOTH would pop in. Is she getting close to 2? Aren't there molars coming in then? Can't remember, my 5th baby is 6 now. Or they'd get sick. But it's usually just a season, so I wouldn't change the norm. Reassurance you're there, she's safe, and also know kids will try different things to get their way. Those little cuties are little sinners.
You look so cute, I loved being pregnant every time. Seems ages ago,enjoy it all.
In Him,
Susan
Post a Comment