Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Practical Ways to Budget for Babies


Bringing home a new baby can overwhelm any happy couple when it comes to finances. I found a great article over at “Ladies Against Feminism” under their “Homemaking and Other Practical Topics”. (You can find a list of topics here that may help you on your journey of Homemaking.) The article is about what a new baby will need and how to budget for it in practical ways. “Babies on a Budget” is an article I would recommend all momm'a read it and use it's practical tips on budgeting for a new baby or many babies!


I have found that cloth diapers have been a life saver and a BIG money saver for us. The best part is, I won't have to buy any new diapers for the new baby! The only new thing we will invest in are cloth wipes. Which in reality we can just use baby wash cloths which are fairly inexpensive at our local thrift stores. Switching to cloth diapers has been the best thing we could have done for our bank account! Sofia has no need for new diapers and hopefully we can have her potty trained by her 2nd birthday. (which is right before the new baby arrives!)


I am also planning on breastfeeding for a year and half. With Sofia I stopped because she is lactose intolerant. However this time, no matter what I will breastfeed. Even if it means changing my diet completely!


I pray that the article above encourages you new mom's or soon to be mom's and gives you practical tips for budgeting for a new baby!


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon