Monday, December 17, 2007

The Miracle of Life


Exhausted, nauseas, cranky and then all of a sudden excitement and JOY!

This is how my day played out today. I woke up completely exhausted and of course nauseas. (not as much as last night though) Yes, I was a little cranky too, although I did my best, with the Grace of God, not to show it to my husband. Then we entered the doctor's office for my appointment and sonogram! Yippie! The doctor was in a rush as he had three babies to deliver back to back. What a glorious day for babies!


After the doc checked me out and said all was well, we waited ever so patiently for the sonogram. My mother-in-law came to see the baby and to help us keep an eye on Sofia. As the sonogram tech prepped my belly we all waited and watched the screen in anticipation.


As we watched the screen we saw the little bitty baby that is being “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139) in my womb. I was so amazed at how active the little one was. So far all we see is one baby, which we are blessed beyond measure either way!


We are just so humbled by the miracle of life. Each day is another milestone our new baby faces and overcomes. How magnificent is our God that He would see us fit to parent again! I just pray that I can be a Godly role-model for my children and that they would come to find more value in their relationship with Christ than with any other worldly thing.


Again, Jess over at “Making Home”, wrote a great article on how our children change us. I suggest everyone go over and read what she has to say. I found it to be very profound and touching as I reflected on how my daughter has changed my life.




Sofia has taught me patience. Although I still fall short in this area. She has taught me what unconditional love really means. She has taught me just how important it is to teach her the ways of the Lord. Her relationship with Jesus Christ will set the stage for all other relationships. I am learning that Sofia having a strong foundation in the Truth of God is vital for her success in this life in accomplishing all that God has for her. I am learning that my example as a Godly mother will teach her how to love her husband and children. I am also learning that the manner in which I value my role as a wife and mother will leave a lasting impression on how she will view her role as a wife and mother someday. Sofia has taught me how to live out 1 Corinthians 13 and apply it to every part of my relationship with her and with others.


I pray that I will continue to grow in grace and wisdom as to how to parent my children in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon