Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bringing Christ Back to Childbirth


Well it sure has been awhile since I blogged last. This pregnancy is a little tougher than with Sofia. Morning sickness set in and I had one visit to the hospital for spotting and then another visit a few days ago for dehydration. I am at 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant today! Praise the Lord! We have had two ultrasounds so far and the baby has a strong heartbeat! I have an appointment scheduled for Monday at 9am for another ultrasound and a routine pelvic exam. I can't wait to be able to post pictures of our little one! The morning sickness seems to be subsiding, but I am still extremely tired from taking the extra progesterone. I really can't complain because it has kept me from miscarrying. Well, actually the Lord has kept that from happening by giving the OBGYN the wisdom to know what has been causing our miscarriages! What a great God we serve!


Speaking of being pregnant, I was reading one of my favorite blogs earlier and came across a great article about “Bringing Christ Back to Childbirth”. As I read through the blog I remembered the birth of my daughter Sofia and how fast everything went by and how I allowed fear to creep in and destroy the “plan” my husband and I had for delivering her. I was given petocin and then got scared and allowed an epidural. That was not the way Malachi and I had planned to have Sofia, but like I said I let the fear of pain creep in and gave into my fear. I feel this fear stole a very precious thing from me, and that was experiencing naturally delivering my child. That day seems a blur now, because we found out I am allergic to latex, and I was so swollen and in much pain that I was given pain medications that made me loopy. I was unable to get out of the hospital bed to pick up Sofia because my legs didn't regain feeling until the night before I was released to go home. The recovery process was a miserable one as well. With all these things pilling up I fell prey to post partum.


This time will be much different. Now that I know what to expect, my husband and I have a plan and we are sticking with it. Christ will be part of the plan and He does not give a spirit of fear! Malachi and I are firm on wanting a natural childbirth using the Bradley Method. My husband will be the only person in the delivery room with me and he will be my coach and my voice.


We are super excited about everything and we have the confidence in Christ that we can do this the way it should be done. (as long as there are no serious complications of course)



Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Been praying for you guys! It's exciting to read your stories. God is good!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon