Tuesday, November 27, 2007

6 Weeks and 3 Days!


What a joy it is to be pregnant!


One would think after five pregnancies, morning sickness and tiredness would become easier to handle. That is so not true! My sweet husband has been such a trooper and is such a wonderful source of encouragement when fear begins to set in. It seems with each pregnancy I am stricken with more and more fear. After having 3 miscarriages it seems that it takes a little longer for me to get excited or relax. The enemy is an opportunist and will attack at a person's most vulnerable state. I am finding however that I actually have more strength than I realize. The Lord is so amazing at equipping us with exactly what we need to stand against the enemy.


The other day we had a bit of a scare as I woke up spotting. My doctor is such a sweet man, and asked me to come in right away so that he could check everything out. I must say that I was very nervous and weepy because we had been through this 3 other times, and the outcome was never good. The doctor was at the hospital before we got there and came right in, examined me and said everything looked great clinically. He ordered an ultrasound and said that would give us a more definitive answer. Fear began to rise within me and Malachi could sense it, so he began to pray for me and pray over the baby. I was taken to the ultrasound room and immediately we saw the little bitty baby, and the tech said “I see a heartbeat!”. Of course I did the only thing I knew to do and that was to cry and thank the Lord! Our baby is just fine and has a strong heartbeat! When our doctor was given the results he shouted “Hallelujah!”. How great is that?!


The doctor, as a precaution, has increased my progesterone to 3 times a day. That in itself is making me extremely tired. Our church family has been so wonderful to us as the ladies have decided to make us supper twice a week. How amazing is our God! How faithful He is to us even in our doubt with Him! I am 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant and loving each minute of it! I serve an awesome God who is fully capable of strengthening my faith each day!


Deuteronomy 32:4

He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.”

Psalms 33:4

For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.”


Psalms 37:28

For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.”


1 Corinthians 1:9

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.”


1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”


These are some scriptures that have really encouraged me through any trial that comes my way since I have become a Christian. I challenge you to get in the Word and find encouragement from the One who offers the best kind of encouragement through...Himself!


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><

1 comment:

nannykim said...

My daughter is pregnant with her second and will go to the doctor on Dec 4th--praying everything will be fine! My sister in law miscarried her first and then thought she was going to loose the second one---she had tons of spotting and cramps and she was so fearful--but God gave her a wonderful doctor and she was able to carry to full term with a huge healthy baby!! May you rest in His arms.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon