This is one of my favorite new recipes and I thought I would share it with all of you. It is easy and inexpensive to make and it is healthy too! I experimented one night and decided to “bake” my spaghetti! It was a hit with my husband and daughter, so it must be good then! You can use left over pasta of any kind and left over spaghetti sauce if you have it.
This is how I make it:
1lb of ground beef or ground turkey
1 (15 oz) can of regular Tomato Sauce (I use the store brand)
1 (14.5-15 oz) can of Italian Dices Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
1 tablespoon of minced garlic (we like garlic)
Sweet Basil
Thyme
Rosemary
Regular Spaghetti Noodles (I use the store brand if they have one)
Shredded Cheese (you can use any kind)
Chopped Pecans or Walnuts (optional)
Pre-heat oven to about 350°
First, I start the water for my pasta while my pan for the sauce warms up. I cook the pasta noodles about half way and then turn the burner off.
Then, I brown the meat. Drain the meat and place back in a hot pan. I add the next 6 ingredients and let cook for about 10 minutes or so.
Spray a 2 ½ quart baking dish with non-stick spray. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Mix well. Then place the entire mix into the baking dish. Top with cheese and chopped nuts. (I use a lot of cheese) Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!!
***Another option that I actually tried last night is adding zucchini and yellow squash. It was delicious!
Be adventurous and make this recipe your own by adding your family's favorite veggies or different pasta shapes!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













No comments:
Post a Comment