Friday, November 2, 2007

Keep GOOD Company


Yesterday my husband and I made the hour drive to my home town to visit with a very good friend of mine from High School. My friend is newly married and he and his wife are expecting their first baby in May 2008. This is such and exciting time in their lives and I feel so blessed and honored to be included in their joy.


We had a chance to talk about how our lives have changed, and how much the Lord is apart of our changed lives. I find it amazing how much more I have in common with my high school friend now than I ever had. Do you know what we have most in common? JESUS CHRIST!

I was reading through 1 Corinthians, as that is the book we are in on Sunday mornings in church, and I came across this passage:


1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.””


How true this is. Paul sure did have a way of “saying it like it is”. I have yet to read anything written by Paul that “beats around the bush”. There are those that I still have contact with who were friends with the “old self” of Crystal. This can and will cause conflict in my life, especially if these old friends are unbelievers. We have absolutely NOTHING in common.

When the lifestyle of others do not conform to the scriptures it is very difficult for me to be “friends” with these people. Some people may find that a bit irrational to cut these people out of my life, but I do know the enemy will use these very people to disrupt and possibly destroy my walk with Christ. I compromised myself and my life far too much for these people in my past, and I refuse to compromise for anyone ever again!

Do the people you “hang out” with honor the Lord with their lives? Do you “hang out” with “bad company”? If you answered yes to these questions I urge you to seek the Lord for guidance, wisdom and discernment with these relationships.


2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?”


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon