The week is coming to a close and I think I accomplished most of my 5 things that I set out to for my “Commitment to Loveliness”. In my spare time I crocheted a baby blanket for my sister's little girl who will be born next month. We took Sofia to the zoo on one of Malachi's days off work. I did manage to keep my home somewhat tidy and neat through the week. It seems as though I can't seem to keep the dinning room table clutter free. It is in just the right spot to toss things on throughout the day. It would seem as though it would be easier to just put things in the right place to begin with! That I will try to accomplish next week!
Malachi and I are praying to be pregnant this month. I must say that we are so blessed to have friends that are continually supportive and are committed to praying for us as well. It is nice to know there are people who are genuine.
It seems as though our culture is a self serving one. It makes me quite sad to think about it. I see on the news day in and day out a generation that lacks a moral compass. I believe this is do to having a God-less society. It seems as if God is being stripped away from everything. Sad to say that even some churches don't proclaim the Truth anymore. The good news is that the Body of Christ is present now to proclaim the Truth and be a living example of Christ to a lost and broken world.
I think what may be the hardest thing to cope with is unbelieving loved ones. The scriptures tell us that a “prophet is not accepted in his own home”. (Luke 4:24, John 4:44) So if you are a Bible believing and living person with unbelieving family members, don't be discouraged if they look at you as “weird”. You are a light in their darkness. Just pray that the Lord would teach you how to witness to them in word and deed. Jesus tells us that our “true” family are those who believe in Him and serve Him.
Matthew 12: 46-50
“46 While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. 47 Someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You." 48 But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?" 49 And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! 50 "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."”
The enemy is an opportunist and he will try and discourage you using the very people that you love so dearly. If Satan can kill two birds, or 5 birds with one stone, you better believe he will try. Satan seeks to divide and conquer. We know this from scripture.
I would have to say it is the toughest to live an upright life and not cave in to family. I am also learning (based on scripture) that my number one obligation remains with my husband and my children. The Lord is first in my life, and then my husband and then my children. I do my best to make time for others, but not at the expense of my husband and children. Of course this is not very popular to some, but I have a wonderful husband who is a constant source of encouragement and a lovely church family as well who are forever encouraging to us.
The best way to combat the enemy is with the Word of God. When in doubt, search the scriptures. I pray that this has in some way encouraged you to stand firm in the Lord not faltering or compromising for anyone!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














2 comments:
Oh, I know what you mean about keeping the table clutter free! I've tried baskets and other organizational strategies, but the table always seems to be the area of choice. Thanks for another uplifting post with great reminders about where our priorities should be!
Dear Crystal, thanks so much for stopping by my pregnancy website and leaving such an encouraging comment. I'm sorry to hear of your three miscarriages, and I pray that Sophia will soon have a sibling who she can play with. I have a grief blog that you might find helpful in small way...I have a daughter in heaven and am no stranger to pregnancy loss either (although I haven't really written about miscarriage on my blog yet.)
I found some helpful reminders about being content at home with my children and husband on your blog. Thanks for being an encouragement to Christian women.
Post a Comment