“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” James 1:17
God is good! He is our gift! There are times that I forget this and accept less from the world. God knows what is best for my life and at times I roll my eyes at what He says is “good”. The Greek word here for “good” means “benefit”. When God gives us “good gifts” they are for our benefit. I sometimes forget this. The ultimate “good and perfect gift” was the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on our behalf. This world changes all the time. Customs, traditions and the “norm”, change like the many times I have to change Sofia's diapers. This verse gives me comfort in knowing the the Lord never changes. We all need a constant in our lives, and in my life that is Jesus Christ! He is my good and perfect gift! No other thing/gift can I receive that will be of greater worth!
Let us remember this day what is truly “good and perfect” by God's standards. May we never allow ourselves to settle for receiving or giving anything less than that which God deems “good and perfect”.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













1 comment:
Great comment--good reminder--what blessings we have in Him and through Him and from Him!! Thanks so much for the ultimate , perfect Gift of His Son.
Post a Comment