Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Journey of Conceiving


It seems as though “getting pregnant” isn't as easy as some may think, or at least not for me. I finally had my appointment with an OBGYN that specializes in fertility problems. Some may think this is a journey that is best kept between the couple experiencing difficulty conceiving. However, that is not how my husband and I feel. I pray that making our experiences known may help to encourage other married couples who are having difficulty conceiving. So, welcome to our journey of conceiving!

I was prescribed Clomid as a first step in this journey of conceiving. It seems as though my body is not ovulating properly. I will be charting my temperature in the mornings as soon as my eye balls open! The doctor is very optimistic about us conceiving within three months! He did caution us that it is “possible” to become pregnant with more than one baby while using the Clomid to induce ovulation. I must admit that this would be greatly welcomed! Malachi and I just looked at each other with delight. The doctor told us that in his many years of prescribing Clomid the most babies he has seen conceived were triplets and that only happened once. I have researched Clomid and found this statistic on multiple births: The probability of having twins while taking this medication is 7% (meaning 7 out of 100 women taking Clomid will get pregnant with twins). The chance of having more than twins is rare.” We would be excited to welcome more than one child into our family!


So this day makes DAY 1 of using the Clomid in hopes of conceiving a little brother or sister for our precious miracle princess Sofia!


Thanks to all those who have been praying and supporting us through this journey of adding to the Lord's Kingdom!


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm excited for the two of you!!

Kim S in SC said...

I found your blogspot when I was checking my own blogspot profile. Thank you for sharing your testimony and for sharing your current life experiences. I appreciate a heart in love with her Maker! Praying for the Maker and Conceiver of all good things continues to bless you.
Kim

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon