Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Standing Upright


Winds blow. Storms gather. A tree sways. Roots rip. Down it goes. It never falls without damaging the landscape around it. On the other hand, a strong tree that stands upright is a blessing to the entire community.”-Van Walton



I have often wondered how many people I have hurt in my past by my disobedience to God. How many people did I drag down with me as I fell? When we are walking and we trip and fall, isn't our natural reaction to grab whatever is closest to us? We do this in the hopes that we won't actually hit the ground. If we grab the wrong thing we will most definitely hit the ground, possibly damaging whatever it was we grab hold to.

In our life we stumble in our walk with the Lord. In those times it is Jesus that we need to reach out to. He will most surely catch us and keep us from hitting the ground. He can mend broken relationships and mend our tattered and torn lives. We should strive to live an “upright” life like a strong tree that is deeply rooted in the ground. This upright, deep rooted tree will stand upright through the worst of storms. A strong deeply rooted tree may help another that may be on their way down. If this tree were a weak tree then when the storms of life blow through it will surely fall down and damage those around it.

My prayer today is that I plant my roots deep within the Word of God and live my life upright serving God and my family. When the storms of this life come blowing through seeking to tear me down I will hold tight to the Word of God and dig my heals in deeper so that I won't fall down.

2 Thessalonians 2:15

"...stand firm and keep a strong grip on the teaching we passed on to you..." (NLT)

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Crystal, I enjoy reading your posts so much! Thank you for the encouragement.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon