I love cooking! Here are a few of my favorite recipes. The first one I got from Mrs. Elliot's blog and it turned out great! The only difference is I added ground beef.
Easy "Fresh" Spaghetti Sauce:
1. Saute 2 cloves of garlic (chopped) and 1/4 -1/2 onion (chopped)
2. Blend and add to pan: 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, 1 medium carrot (shredded), 1 celery stalk (chopped, although you can substitute a tbsp. of celery salt as well).
3. Season with 1 Tsp. sugar, 1 Tsp. Basil, 1 Tsp. Thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Simmer above ingredients in pan over med. heat for at least 30 minutes.
My Version with Meat:
( I brown a pound of ground beef, drain the meat and add the garlic, onion, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, sugar, basil, thyme, salt and pepper all together and let cook for about 30 minutes.)
I buy the bag of shredded carrots from Walmart. I actually add them to just about everything!
-------------------------------
Marmalade Pork Chops (I got this one from a friend, but have since tweaked it)
Package of thinly sliced pork chops. (I think they are also called Breakfast Pork Chops. I buy them at Walmart...they usually come 6-8 in a package and are really thin)
I am going to give you directions based on how I make it as I am not sure as to the measurements of the ingredients.
I get a medium mixing bowl, pour orange juice in it...enough to make a sauce over the pork chops. (maybe 3 cups)
I add a tablespoon of corn starch (this helps to thicken the sauce)
¼ cup or so of brown sugar
and about ½ jar of orange marmalade. (I buy the walmart brand or just the cheap store brand)
salt and pepper and MIX well
In a Medium sauce pan I put 2 tablespoons of butter (or margarine) and let it get hot, I then add the pork chops and let them brown a bit. (you can salt and pepper the chops)
Once the chops are cooked, add the sauce mix and let boil for about 25 minutes or so.
I usually serve this over rice with mixed veggies. We have a rice cooker, so I start the rice before preparing everything else, that way it is ready when the pork chops are done.
(you can add soy sauce to the sauce mix if you'd like too. We also add soy sauce to the rice before putting the sauce over the rice. It is so good!)
------------------------------Baked Chicken
Buy Boneless Chicken breasts ( I usually buy however many I am going to use that week since I plan my meals ahead)
Pre-heat oven to 400°F
I get a glass baking dish, place a little bit of olive oil in the pan. Place chicken breast in the pan and add a little bit of Rosemary, Sweet Basil, Salt and pepper. Cover with Aluminum foil and bake until the center is cooked. I usually cook this for about 45 minutes to an hour.
*Extras that I like to add.
A can of Cream of Chicken soup with Herbs (add a little water with this)
Or you can add Some Italian Dressing and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on and take the foil off for about the last 10 minutes of baking.
I usually serve this with rice (brown or white)
with frozen veggies
------------------------------Meat Loaf that my husband LOVES!
1 ½ pounds ground beef
One Pouch of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
In a mixing bowl I add to the ground beef, Lipton's Soup Mix, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Thyme, Sweet Basil, one chopped onion, two eggs, and about one cup of dry bread crumbs ( I use the italian bread crumbs---the walmart brand)
I preheat the oven at about 400°F
Put in a loaf pan or a glass baking dish. I spray it with a non-stick spray. Let it cook for about an hour or so, check the center to make sure it is completely cooked through.
I make mashed potatoes but peeling and cutting up about 5 potatoes, boil in a pot of water until tender. The I mash them up, add some butter, salt and pepper.
Serve with veggies or a salad
------------------------------If you have a crock pot I love to make Pot Roast (This is for all those Frugal People)
I use about a 4lb pork roast since it is just my husband and I who eat it. (Sofia may eat it with us sometimes, but how much can a 16 month old really eat?)
Place Roast in the crock pot season with Salt and Pepper and one pouch of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix and about one cup of water. Cook on High for about 8-10 hours.
I put this on in the morning and it is ready by supper time.
You can add a chopped onion and chopped bell pepper if you'd like, but you don't have to.
I serve over rice the first night.
Now here is the best part. If you buy a big enough roast, you can actually cut it in half, serve one half and put the other half in the fridge. The next night, take the left over half of the roast and warm it back up in the microwave, then put in a medium pan and shred the meat. ( I use two forks to shred the meat while it cooks.) Add your favorite BBQ sauce and serve on hamburger buns!
You have two nights worth of supper from one roast!!!
I hope this helps those moms out there that need new ideas for meals.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














2 comments:
I'm so glad you liked the spaghetti recipe. The marmalade pork chops sound yummy. I'll have to try them!
I agree that that marmalade dish sounds good. Have you tried the orange marmalade cake from the Mitford series? Hey--here is a challenge for you (if you ever read this!). Go to my blog for Sept 25 and read the post called Thankfulness again--smiling in the heart. Then go to your blog (after makeing a comment)and post a list of of things you are thankful for!! Blessings ;-)
Post a Comment