This recipe is one of the best desserts I have ever made! Here is the recipe for the Best Apple Cobbler in the world! (from scratch!)
Filling:
5 Medium Cooking Apples, Cored, Peeled and Sliced (I used Gala Apples)
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine (I used Butter)
Topping:
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ Cup CRISCO All-Vegetable Shortening or ¼ CRISCO Stick
1 Egg
½ Cup Milk
½ teaspoon Vanilla
Heat oven to 400°F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with Crisco No Stick Spray. ( I used the Walmart brand)
Filling:
Place apples in large mixing bowl. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in small mixing bowl. Pour sugar mixture over apples; toss and stir to combine. Pour apples into prepared pan; dot with butter.
Topping:
Combine flour sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl; cut in Crisco until coarse crumbs form.
Combine egg, milk and vanilla in a small bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Drop biscuit mixture in 8 mounds on top of fruit.
Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with cream or ice cream, if desired.
Apple-cranberry variation: Add 1 Cup fresh cranberries and ½ Cup additional sugar to the filling mixture. Proceed as directed.
I pray that you try this recipe out and love it as much as my husband and I do!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













1 comment:
Oh man~ this looks awesome. I know what I'm going to be baking tomorrow with my kids. We went to an orchard last week to pick apples. Great picture!
Post a Comment