Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Coming to a Close

On the eve of my 31st birthday I sit and ponder many things about my life, where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going.  As I reflect on this past year and look forward to the coming year, I find myself in a strange place.  I've done my best to be transparent here as I share my trials, struggles and triumphs - and I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I may be a bit too transparent.  The age of information technology makes everything and just about everyone easily accessible to a wide array of on lookers.  While I have not been totally naive about the exposure and ridicule I've subjected myself to, everyone has their limit, and I dare say I have reached mine.

I began this blog back in 2007.  I love to write and have had aspirations of going back to school to get my Master's in Journalism.  However, as much as I love to write - I find that there are people who lurk about reading what I post in what seems to be a very creepy and unhealthy obsession with my life.  This bothers me very much, especially because I have small children. 

So, Serving God and Family is coming to a close.  I have hopes of creating a new blog simply to share crafting projects (moslyt my crocheting) with those who may be interested.  I want to take back my privacy.  I had thought about simply making my blog private, where only a select few would have access to it.  In the long run I think that would just add more stress and is not what I intended for this blog. 

I'm thankful for the faithful readers I've had over the years and the many sweet friendships the Lord has created through my blog.  I still have my Southern Scentsabilities website up and running and I plan to keep it that way. 

I pray that even in some small way my writings and the things I've shared here on this blog over the past several years has encouraged you and challenged you to focus on Christ alone.  I'm sad to be leaving and discontinuing this blog, and maybe I'll reopen it, but for now I simply feel it is a must for the safety and privacy of my family. 

Soli Deo Gloria!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad about this news but I'll still KIT through FB, email...your writings do inspire and challenge and I'll be looking forward to a time when you are able to blog again.
<3 Michelle K

Mrs. Settles said...

Good-bye dear lady. May God bless and keep you and your sweet girls and husband. Have a wonderful birthday. I hope you do reopen your blog (and heart)someday, but I understand your decision.

Many blessings,
Marcia

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon