I think everyone knows that moving can bring with it many challenges and frustrations. There is still so much to be unpacked and put away in our new home and the thought of boxes sitting around just drives me bonkers – not to mention that so much still needs to be cleaned.
Spring cleaning is something I’ve never really done; I just clean every day and rarely do any sort of “deep cleaning” unless I’m nesting during pregnancy. I am not pregnant but I have this insatiable desire to get this house in tip top shape! My husband has told me that it is the “Pride of Ownership” settling in. This is our home – my home. I can put holes in the walls, paint on the floors, and run with scissors if I want to – this house is mine!
I am learning that living out in the country brings with it – well – dirt! It is amazing how many times I sweep my floors and how much dirt accumulates throughout the day! I am still counting it all joy even in the midst of all the dirt!
I have been searching for different tools or ideas to help guide me through cleaning and organizing my new 1819sqft country home and I’ve found a few things. I thought I would share them with you all just in case you are finding yourself in the same predicament.
Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tsh Oxenreider - This first resource was given to me by the wife of one of our elder’s at church and I’ve very much enjoyed and benefited from having it in my possession. Mrs. Oxenreider provides simple ways to declutter your home and getting things organized. Each section of the book guides you through dealing with your house by room. There are helpful tips that make the process of going from room to room less stressful. Great resource!
Homemaking 101: Vision, Encouragement and Instruction for Young, Christian Wives – You knew I was going to add this one to my list! I purchased this DVD a while back and enjoyed it so very much that I wrote a review of it and hosted a giveaway! I have found this DVD to be such an invaluable resource as well as a lovely source of encouragement when I find myself discouraged with homemaking. Mrs. Ross shares much godly wisdom for us homemakers, regardless of age or season. Very delightful resource – a true “must have”!
Spring Clean the Toxins: How to Get Started (From Keeper of the Home) – Stephanie over at Keeper of the Home shares several articles that have given me great ideas on cleaning the toxins out of my home. Over the past several years I have made it a high priority of not using toxic chemicals in my home. I’ve made my own household cleaners and as of late have thoroughly enjoyed using my Young Living Essential Oils to make different cleaners. If you aren’t sure where to get started, I do pray this site helps!
31 Days To Clean by Sarah Mae – I recently ordered this e-book after hearing great things about it. I skimmed through it after I downloaded it onto my iPad and I’m delighted to say I believe this to be a very helpful resource. I love how Sarah Mae focuses on the heart of cleaning – why one wants their home clean. I love this idea! On the very first day she encourages writing down specific reasons why you want a clean home, and then writing a mission statement from that list. What a brilliant idea!
Another tip I can give is to sit down with your husband and find out what he thinks is important in regards to housekeeping and cleaning. I’ve found this most helpful because I tend to get very overwhelmed at everything that I think needs to get done, when in fact my husband is more objective and helps me to keep focus on cultivating close relationships with my children. He encouraged me to find ways to incorporate my Sofia and Charlotte in the housework – this means I will have to be patient with them as they learn and accept that they won’t fold the towels or sweep the floor perfectly at first.
Do you have any tips on cleaning and organizing? Do you have a “Spring Cleaning Schedule”? How do you prioritize the important cleaning tasks for things that can wait until more time allows? If you use homemade cleaners, what recipes do you use?
Until next time…I’m off to CLEAN!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><














No comments:
Post a Comment