Today is my wonderful husband’s 36th birthday! I cannot even begin to put into words exactly how much I love that man. Each day when I rise I thank the Lord for blessing me with such a tender-hearted, humble, gracious, loving and devoted husband. Not only is he a wonderful husband, he is an amazing father to our three daughters. He is a hard and dedicated worker, and would go to the ends of the earth to provide all that we need. I just love him so much!
As we’ve embarked on the journey of buying a home, he as always is the calm and objective one. When we learned that our closing day would be pushed back to mid-April, Malachi didn’t sweat it one bit. I cannot say enough about how much this helps to guide and change my perspective on difficult situations. Watching my husband put his full confidence and trust in the Lord is one of the greatest blessings of our marriage. If my husband ever worries, I certainly never know about it.
For the past two days, we’ve accepted that we will not close on our house until after April 3rd. This is because the Parish we are moving to has re-zoned the area and the new flood maps are not available yet. No lender will allow anyone to close on any loans until those new maps are official, because it is what ensures them we are not in a flood zone. While the news of this was a bit frustrating, Malachi and I were determined to keep trusting the Lord.
Our realtor informed me that she had contacted the Core of Engineers to see if they would make an exception and give us the certificate we need to go forth with buying our house so that we could close this month. She called me this morning to tell me that she and our lending agent have been tirelessly working to find ways around our current situation.
Well…
Our realtor and lending agent have not gotten much sleep in the past two days because they were determined to get us into our house this month. Today, I learned that our lending agent found a way around the problem by purchasing flood insurance on the property. SHE purchased the flood insurance! Now, the area we are moving to has never been in a flood zone and never will be, so the idea of purchasing flood insurance is pretty ridiculous. However, this was the only way around the problem and it will allow us to close on the house sometime next week!
I am completely unable to express my appreciation for our realtor and lending agent. God has proved Himself Sovereign yet again! Just when it seems the odds are stacked against us – He just plows right through those odds and proves that He controls everything!
When our realtor spoke those words – that our lending agent was personally purchasing the flood insurance on our house so that we could close this month, I began to cry. Our realtor then made a comment that she believed that the Lord wants us in this house. Can you imagine my surprise when even the realtor recognized that this truly was a “God thing”?!
A few moments after speaking with the realtor our lending agent called me to remind me that we have nothing to worry about. She has been such an encouragement along the way. Just when I start feeling anxiety she reminds me that all will be fine – well, the Lord surely has used her to confirm this!
God is good y’all! I do not have the luxury of claiming anything contrary to that! I am in awe and amazement at the goodness of the Lord. Malachi and I have done absolutely nothing to deserve any good thing that comes our way. We are incredibly humbled and grateful for all of the efforts of our realtor and lending agent, as well as the many people who have been praying with us and for us through this process.
We should be closing on our house sometime next week! Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><














No comments:
Post a Comment