Sunday, May 8, 2011

Quinoa and Strawberries (Breakfast)

This was such a yummy breakfast!  Here is how I made it.

Ingredients:
1 Cup of Quinoa
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tsp Cinnamon
Fresh Strawberries

To cook the quinoa:

Rinse the quinoa like you would rice.  Add quinoa, coconut milk and water to a saucepan.  Cook on medium until it starts to boil then lower temperature and cover for about 15 minutes, until the quinoa is done.

Once the quinoa is cooked, put in a bowl and add the honey, cinnamon and fresh strawberries.  I also added a bit more coconut milk…YUM!

This was the best breakfast!  We all loved it!  You can certainly use any berry you’d like, or any milk you’d like.  Since we are dairy (and casein) free I used coconut milk.  Feel free to use agave nectar or stevia for your sweetener instead of honey.  I chose local honey because it helps with Malachi’s allergies.

Enjoy!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon