Saturday, January 1, 2011

Preparing for our first homebirth

We met with our homebirth midwife yesterday, and we are super excited about this birth experience.  I will see an OB by 38 weeks to comply with the homebirth laws here, but other than that, everything is in place and ready for Miss Eleanor to be born at home!  I can't even put into words the calm and peace I have about having Eleanor at home instead of in a hospital.  My birth experiences with Sofia and Charlotte were horrible and in some ways traumatizing.  This time we did much more research and asked more questions, and a homebirth seems the most logical and natural way to bring a baby into the world, so long as there are no complications.  This pregnancy has by far been my best one with no complications.  We are eating healthier and making sure we get the vitamins we need in our diets to keep us well.  I like the personal and individualized care I get from a midwife and we are super excited that our insurance will cover the homebirth just as they would a hospital birth. 

I have sorted, washed, dried and put away the clothes, blankets and diapers for Miss Eleanor.  My sweet husband continues to be my number one support person and has helped me get the house cleaned, organized and ready for Eleanor's debut.  He is so excited about having another little one in the house.  I am so blessed to have Malachi as my husband, he continues to be so good to me. 

Sofia and Charlotte are ready for their little sister to arrive.  Sofia was a bit disappointed that the midwife didn't come yesterday to deliver Eleanor.  She is really ready for Eleanor to arrive.  She has already told us that she wants Ellie to sleep in her bed and that she is going to hold her and bathe her.  She is going to be an excellent big sister.  She is even excited about the homebirth and being apart of everything.  She wants to be in the water with me, or at least be right there when Ellie is delivered.  We've watching some homebirth videos on youtube to help prepare Sofia for what to expect, and she loves watching babies be born.  Charlotte is excited in her own little 2 1/2 year old way.  She kisses my belly every morning and says "Good Morning Ellie", and loves to sit and snuggle with me while rubbing my belly.  She is constantly asking me what Ellie is doing throughout the day and when I tell her that I think she is sleeping she says "shhhhh, don't wake Ellie". 

Now we just wait.  Everything is ready for Ellie, and we have a feeling she may arrive the first or second week of February.  I'm not sure she'll be as big as Sofia and Charlotte were, but I am sure she will be at least 8lbs.  My glucose test was perfect as was all the other blood work that was done at my last appointment.  We are thankful for everyone who has been praying for us throughout this pregnancy and we are extremely blessed to be having another baby.  Soli Deo Gloria!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

4 comments:

Tanya@EverAfterCottage said...

How exciting! We've had 4 homebirths after one c-section and 1 hospital birth. I can't even compare them. Being able to just focus on labor ad delivery and not worry about procedures and protocol and who's in the room and should they be there and what are they doing... And then being able to curl up in my own bed with my husband and brand new baby - just priceless. Praying for a safe and uncomplicated birth for you.

Mrs. Sewell said...

Thank you so much Tanya for the words of encouragement! We are all so excited! I'll keep everyone updated throughout the coming weeks, and of course I plan to blog about this birth experience :)

God Bless and thanks for the prayers :)

Crystal <><

Ora said...

I get so excited when I hear of people researching and deciding on homebirth! We have had 5 homebirths and are planning our 6th- God bless you and I pray that you have a wonderful birth experience!

SarahF said...

God bless you, Crystal as you excitedly await the arrival of little Ellie! Very much looking forward to seeing pictures on fb.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon