As we head into week 24 of this pregnancy we are getting more and more excited about Eleanor’s arrival. She is very active and the girls love feeling my belly when she is kicking and flipping. They also get a good giggle when they see my belly moving when Eleanor is moving.
It is such a blessing to be able to share this pregnancy with the girls and explain to them all the things that are going on and will soon happen upon Eleanor’s big debut. Sofia is particularly excited about the homebirth and being able to be with mommy, and of course to be one of the first people to see Eleanor when she is delivered. Just about every day Sofia will ask if “today is the day for Eleanor to come”. She is super excited about another baby sister. Charlotte loves to put her head on my belly when Eleanor is kicking; she gets so tickled about that.
We have another ultrasound next week to check out Eleanor’s heart again since they couldn’t get the pictures they needed of her heart the last time. Hopefully we’ll also get some better pictures of her to share and put in her baby book. I just can’t put into words just how joyful I am that the Lord has given us another baby to love. Eleanor will definitely be one loved little girl.
The weather has finally begun to get cooler here. In fact it is 36°F here this morning! That is REALLY cold for South Louisiana. Yesterday while we were out grocery shopping Malachi and I kept telling each other how nice the cooler weather was, then we got home and heard on the news that we would be under a freeze warning last night. So, it looks as if the cooler weather is here to stay.
Malachi has invited a co-worker to our home for Thanksgiving this year. They worked together at Best Buy a few years ago and find themselves working together again. It will be nice to add an extra place at the supper table this year. I have the menu all figured out and can’t wait to get started cooking and baking. This year both girls are big enough to help me in the kitchen, and I know they will have such a good time being my “helpers”. They both helped me make homemade biscuits a couple weeks ago and loved it. They were covered in flour by the time we were done, but we had such a great time together.
The Lord is constantly amazing us in all areas of our lives. We have been in a rough patch for the past few weeks due to a huge oversight in Malachi’s pay check a couple weeks ago, which put us behind. The Lord, as always, was faithful to provide for us through the benevolence of friends and Malachi’s parents and even a co-worker of Malachi’s. We are always humbled by the Lord’s Sovereignty and Providence in our lives. Several of the godly women I know helped me think of supper ideas when we were running low on food, and continued to encourage me and remind me that the Lord would provide; and He did!
With that being said, Malachi may be getting a new job in a different state. I won’t reveal where at the moment, and either way we trust the Lord and praying His will be done. It may mean that we have to move before Eleanor is born, but again, we trust the Lord to put us exactly where He wants us. We’ve known for a couple years now that we wouldn’t stay in Louisiana forever, and I think the Lord has been preparing us over the past two years to leave when He says leave. This may be that time for “leaving”. If we should have to move soon, we know the Lord will provide all the help necessary for us to get packed and moved.
On a different note, I know that some of you have emailed me to let me know that you have been unable to leave comments to my blog posts. This is not a mistake; I did change the settings for leaving me comments. I’ve never had to do this before, but situations continue to present themselves to where I am left with no other option as blogger doesn’t give the option of blocking individuals from leaving comments or even having access to my blog. If you have a comment or question, feel free to email me. With my email address I can filter and block users as I see fit, but with blogger I am limited. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused.
I hope to post the ultrasound pictures of little Miss Eleanor next week, and we always appreciate the prayers that so many of you have offered up on our behalf. Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><













No comments:
Post a Comment