Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Praying for my Charlotte


          Yesterday, Charlotte started not wanting to walk.  At first I thought she was pretending to be a baby, however as the day went on it was apparent that she was not pretending.  When Malachi came home from work he tried to get her to walk to him and she would stand up and try but then her left leg would shake and she'd say "ow" and sit back down and crawl to him.  Then after bath time I tried to get her to hold my hand and walk from the bedroom to the kitchen for her vitamins, she would stand up but when she would try to walk her left leg would give out. 
          I checked her leg and hip and nothing appeared unusual.  She let me bend and extend her left leg and never said anything.  She can wiggle her toes fine, and by all accounts is fine, other than she can't walk or stand.  She doesn't have a fever...no rash...no bug bites...not cuts or bruises or swelling.  It is the oddest thing.  So we put her to bed and I called the nurses hot-line through our insurance and after we went through all of Charlotte's symptoms she advised that  if she was still having trouble in the morning to get her seen my the doctor. 
         Well, it is morning and there is no change, in fact I would say it has gotten a bit worse.  She is a bit fussy over not being able to walk, and when I tried to get her to stand she just couldn't do it.  I looked at her legs again and they appear the same as last night.  I did bend her knee and moved it slightly up to her chest and she said "ow", so I am thinking it might be her hip that hurts.  Either way I got her an appointment for this morning and we're hoping that we can get some answers.  Malachi has to come with me because if they need an xray I can't be in the room with her for that. 
         Please keep my sweet baby in your prayers.  We are hoping it is growing pains or something else that is not serious.  I will update as soon as possible. 

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon