Friday, October 8, 2010

6 More Days!!!!


We are so very excited to find out the gender of the baby in 6 days!  This pregnancy has been the smoothest of all my pregnancies.  While I still feel tired all the time, the overwhelming joy I have each time I feel this baby kick me reminds me just how blessed I am.  Sofia and Charlotte are getting super excited about next week, and Sofia even got to feel the baby kick the other day.  The look on her face was priceless! 

We have been watching some homebirth videos lately to prepare the girls for what is to come.  It does indeed look as though I will have a homebirth and I couldn’t be more thrilled!  I like the new hospital that we switched to and the midwives that work there, my heart has been set on a homebirth for a long time.  

We find ourselves, yet again, in a money tight month.  The Lord continues to provide and I am working on not panicking, and by the grace of the Lord I am getting better.  In fact, last night I was able to do grocery shopping for two weeks for under $100!  As most of you know we have changed our diet to all organic or all natural foods, which can be pricey but worth it!  I made a two week meal plan based on what I already had in our deep freezer and in our pantry and then bought what I needed last night.  I budgeted to only spend $100 and actually spent $84.58!  That means I have about $15 left to buy fresh produce should I need it, or reserve that money for the next time I go grocery shopping (in two weeks).  Shopping between Whole Foods and Target was helpful.  I also used coupons from Whole Foods’ website which saved me about $2 and they took off a bag charge because I had my own reusable bags!  That is something I have gotten into the habit of; bringing my own bags.  Whole Foods deducts a charge of $0.10 for each bag you don’t use of theirs!  I love it!  I wish more stores would do that; it would save the consumer money and keeps from having all those plastic bags from piling up.  

The weather has been so lovely here the past couple of weeks.  It is a bit unusual for South Louisiana to have lows of 43°F in the mornings during October, but we are definitely enjoying it!  I am getting pretty excited about Thanksgiving because I get to make our first organic/all natural Thanksgiving meal!  I know to some this may sound a bit silly, but since changing our diet our health has greatly improved.  We started taking Vitamin D3 every day to boost our immune system since we are not getting the flu shot; actually we haven’t gotten one in several years.  Our entire position on vaccines has changed as well, but I’ll save that for another blog post.

I will be posting our latest family newsletter soon!  I have been procrastinating because I want to get an updated picture of all of us to post with it.  With Malachi’s work schedule it can be kind of difficult to get us all in a picture where we don’t all look exhausted!  Hopefully, I can get it all posted in the next week or so.  Until then, I pray that you all are continuing to serve God and your family for the glory of the Lord!  Soli Deo Gloria!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon