Monday, September 6, 2010

Praising the Lord for 15 weeks!

15 Weeks Pregnant!

I can't even put into words how utterly joyful I am that this pregnancy is going so well.  I have been able to feel the baby moving for about 2 weeks now, and the nausea has subsided.  I am still pretty tired all the time, but I am joyful even about that!  I did have a bit of bleeding the other day, but after getting off  my feet for about two days, all is well.  Baby continues to have a strong heart beat of about 150-160bpm, and is proving that he/she will be a very active baby.  We should be finding out the gender of the baby within the first 2 weeks of October.  We do have a girls name picked out, but we're still struggling to pick out a boys name.

Sofia and Charlotte are really excited about the new baby; I think more now because they see my belly growing, and they get to hear the baby's heartbeat on a regular basis.  Sofia has decided that the baby is a girl and that the baby is "her" baby.  Charlotte knows there is a baby in my tummy, and loves to kiss my belly throughout the day.  I have a picture of the ultrasound as my wallpaper on my iPhone and Charlotte religiously checks it out everyday to make sure the baby is still there.  Both my sweet girls are joys to me, and I know this baby will only add to that joy.

I have paid the deposit for my Doula, and while I really (REALLY) want a homebirth, our finances have changed somewhat to where that may not be an option this time.  I have taken steps to aid in obtaining the natural birth experience I have longed for.  We changed hospitals and providers.  I am seeing a group of midwives that work for a super great hospital.  This hospital has just opened up their new labor and delivery unit and I will have access to a birthing tub for a water birth!  Ask anyone who knows me well, and they will tell you that I just can't stop talking about how excited I am about this birth!  I really am giddy over the whole thing.  My last two birth experiences were horrible, and this time around I know more and am armed with a wonderful team of support.  

We thank you all for continuing to pray for me and the baby through this pregnancy.  We are so blessed and honored to know that there are like-minded believers who have come along side us and shared in our joy and in our sorrows during our pregnancies.  

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

3 comments:

None said...

Just found your blog, and it's wonderful! :) I've been so encouraged by your writings. Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

Blessings,
Luci

PS: I saw that you were giving away the Baby Conference CDs. I spoke in the second part of the Ladies Against Feminism talk. It was so fun! :)

Mrs. Sewell said...

Hi Luci!

It is nice to meet you and thank you for leaving a sweet comment. It encourages me to know that other women are being encouraged by my blog. I hoped over to your blog and wanted to let you know that you will be in my prayers. I know how tough it is to go through fertility problems.

I will definitely keep my ears open for the part of the conference where you speak ;)

God Bless
Crystal <><

Sadie said...

Oh, Crystal! I am thrilled right along with you and praising God for the blessing of this pregnancy and his provision for you. Thank you for keeping us updated. You are in my prayers.

Love in Christ,
Sadie

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon