As a Christian woman who has humbly accepted her role as wife and stay at home, homeschooling mother, doesn’t disqualify me from having some rough days “on the job”. However, by the grace of a merciful God, He has continued to provide all the strength I need to persevere to the end of each day. I may not make it to the finish line of each day glamorously, but for the glory of the Lord, I indeed make it.
Managing my time well, and for the glory of the Lord, is always a big task. Prioritizing is a must, but I am not always very good at it. Recently I purchased a series of teachings from Vision Forum, The Victorious Household Set, and finished the session entitled “Twenty-Four Hours Is All You Get” by Mrs. Susan Bradrick. I highly recommend this series to all Christian women of children who become frazzled easily with all that needs to be accomplished in a day. Mrs. Bradrick so kindly includes worksheets that correspond with the sessions to aid in the prioritizing process and schedule making process. She gives wonderful advice on when to begin a schedule and how to create one that works for your family. I have been greatly blessed by her teachings, and in many ways they have set my mind at ease that my house doesn’t have to look like the ones on the covers of magazines. My main priority is to the individuals in my family, and while there are little ones in my care, they will get the bulk of my attention during the day.
There are of course essential chores that must be accomplished on a daily basis, but I dare say that most of us get muddled down by nonessential tasks and then become overwhelmed when we barely get the essential things done around the home. Again, I highly recommend this series; I know it will surely benefit all who listen to it. We all need encouragement and instruction, and I think this is a great source for both. Learning from older Christian women is such a great help and blessing. You can check out Mr. and Mrs. Bradrick’s website, Family Discipleship Ministry for more helpful resources.
"Therefore be careful how you walk,
not as unwise men but as wise,
making the most of your time
for the days are evil.
So then, do not be foolish,
but understand
what the will of the Lord is."
Ephesians 5:15-17
I pray that the above resources help you as much as they have helped me to get a handle on prioritizing the duties of my home. Remember, that in all you do and say may it all be done for the glory of God alone. Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)
"Whatever others around you think, don't you ever be ashamed of being a Christian. Hoist your flag; show your colors; nail them to the mast."
~ J.C. Ryle














No comments:
Post a Comment