I have been so giddy the past few days because we have been able to hear our little baby’s heartbeat every day! It is such an amazing sound that my ears will never tire of hearing.
In honor of my giddiness, I am doing another giveaway of the Vision Forum’s Baby Conference on an MP3 CD! This time will be a bit different because instead of just picking one winner, I am will be picking FOUR winners! See, the giddiness rubs off doesn’t it?
The same methods of entering the giveaway still apply.
First Entry: Leave a comment here on my blog with your first name and last initial.
Second Entry: Leave me a comment on my personal facebook page in reference to this giveaway.
Third Entry: Leave a comment on the Serving God and Family facebook fan page in reference to the giveaway.
I will announce the winner of this giveaway on Monday, August 9, 2010 at 1pm CST. All those participating in the giveaway have until 12pm CST to get all their entries in.
We’ve been listening to this conference and it has been such a blessing! I was listening to one of the session where Kevin Swanson spoke and he made a very sad but true observation about how even the Church views children; “We love drywall more than we love babies”. Also, during the conference it was cited that the fertility rate within the Church these days is only 1.7 children per mother. This means that even Christians, who have been called to be “fruitful and multiply” and believe that “children are a blessing from the Lord” are not even meeting the replacement ratio of 2.1 children per mother. I knew that the fertility rates worldwide are at a record low, a dangerous low in many demographers’ opinions. I did a research paper on the subject of Human Population over a year ago, and learned that people as a whole, regardless of nationality are refusing to have children. This in turn dramatically harms the nation’s economy and places a burden on the younger generation that they will not be able to carry in regards to fueling the economy and supporting the increasing aging population.
Russia has been frantically trying to pay their citizens the equivalent of nearly $10K per child to encourage their citizens to have more babies. China is also in the process of taking steps to reverse their “one child per family” policy and encouraging families to have daughters because they have a huge aging population and not enough young people to support it, and they do not have enough girls being born to marry the increased population of boys in the country. Some countries have sponsored speed dating to encourage busy young working couples to marry and have children to increase their fertility rates. Sadly, this problem is not limited to the pagans; this has become a problem for the Church as well. Thomas Malthus is one of the men who fathered the lies about how the human population was growing at a higher rate than the resources needed to support the population. People like Charles Darwin and Margret Sanger only furthered Mathus’ errors with their racist ideas and encouraging birth control, abortion and euthanasia. All of which are very much present in our nation and within our church walls.
There has never been an economic boom with lowering fertility rates, it has only happened the other way around. I also highly recommend the DVD documentaries “Demographic Winter” and “Demographic Bomb”. I had a personal email interview with Mr. Phillip Longman, a secular, atheist demographer who works with a secular think tank in Washington, D.C., who appears in the documentaries several times. He wrote a book entitled “The Empty Cradle” that we purchased during the time I was writing my research paper. He addresses the dangerous fertility decline throughout the world and how it affects our economies and mankind. He said in an email to me;
“…in day to day life most people experience the world as becoming ever more crowded: traffic gets worse, jobs lines grow, college admissions become more competitive, etc. From this experience, people find themselves thinking, oh, wouldn’t be nice if there just fewer people getting in my way all the time, forgetting that is those other people who collectively provide the goods, services, ideas and company without which we would be hopelessly lonely, materially and spiritually impoverished, and ultimately abandoned. Even people in countries that are already in absolute population decline are susceptible to this feeling, often because, even when number of people fall, the number cars, for examples, grows while jobs become more scarce” (P. Longman, personal communication, September 15, 2009).
He went on to say that
“Finally, the over-population meme strengthens social causes to which many are attached, specifically, feminism, gay rights, environmentalism and personal liberation generally. It does so by weakening the social pressures that have long coerced people into traditional marriage and family formation. The fear is that in a world of declining human population, society would become much more socially and religiously conservative and intolerant of “non-breeders.” This is why they push back” (P. Longman, personal communication, September 15, 2009).
If you’d like more information on the research paper I wrote, you can go to my post in response to a comment left on my blog about human overpopulation. I not only answered the question but included my research paper on the topic.
In closing, I am excited about doing another giveaway for the Baby Conference MP3 CD! Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














6 comments:
Thank you for doing the giveaway!. Baby Conference sounds interesting :):)
Blessings!
Loly B.
If I win it will a great birthday present! :) ps. thanks for doing this. what fun.
Trying again. =) Thanks for doing another giveaway!
Tanya B
Awesome!! I'm in for a try! Thanks so much for this opportunity!!
Sonya B.
I just left a comment on your fb page for a second entry. God bless!
I posted on Serving God and Family's FB page as well, for my 3rd entry! I'm excited!!!
Thanks again!
Post a Comment