Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Reading List

My Reading List:

Crystal Paine over at “Money Saving Mom.com”, posted her reading list for this year. While I have not compiled a reading list specific for each month, there are a few a lot of books I am either in the process of reading, or plan on reading this year. I thought it would be a neat idea to share my book list, and if you would like to join in, share your book list in a comment to this post, or create a blog post with your own reading list. It will be neat to see if any of us are reading the same things!

Currently Reading:

My Sociology text book for my online Sociology class (not all that excited about this book)

My Bible (always)

The Ever-Loving Truth: Can Faith Thrive In A Post-Christian Culture? – Dr. Voddie Baucham, Jr. (I am borrowing this book from my best friend. This is a must read!)

Morning & Evening – Charles H. Spurgeon (Loving this book! A friend gave me a gift certificate to a Christian book store for Christmas, and this is what I used it for!)

The Freedom of the Will – Jonathan Edwards

Family Reformation: The Legacy of Sola Scriptura in Calvin’s Geneva – Scott T. Brown

So Much More – Anna Sofia Botkin and Elizabeth Botkin

What He Must Be…if he wants to marry my daughter – Dr. Voddie Baucham, Jr.

Family Unplanning: A Guide for Christian Couples Seeking God’s Truth on Having Children – Craig Houghton

“To Read” List: (These are books we have purchased and can’t wait to start reading)

The Family: The Great Christian Family Classic on Building Strong Families, Formerly Published Under the Title Home-Making – J.R. Miller

Marriage To a Difficult Man: The Uncommon Union of Jonathan & Sarah Edwards – Elisabeth D. Dodds

A Church in the House: Restoring Daily Worship to the Christian Household – Matthew Henry (Edited by Scott Brown)

Already Gone: Why your kids will quit church and what you can do to stop it – Ken Ham & Britt Beemer with Todd Hillard

Shepherding a Child’s Heart – Tedd Tripp

John Calvin: Man of the Millennium, A Family Read-Aloud Biography – Philip Vollmer

To Have and to Hold – Mary Johnston

Raising Maidens of Virtue: A Study of Feminine Loveliness for Mothers and Daughters – Stacy McDonald

Study’s I am going to start soon:

The One True God – Paul David Washer

The Truth About Man – Paul David Washer

Here are a few books I recently finished reading:

Passionate Housewives Desperate for God – Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald

The Legacy of John Calvin: His Influence on the Modern World – David W. Hall

What is Reformed Theology: Understanding the Basics – R.C. Sproul

Family Driven Faith – Dr. Voddie Baucham, Jr.

Be Fruitful & Multiply: What the Bible Says About Having Children – Nancy Campbell

There are so many other books that I can’t wait to read, but here are the ones I have right now. Vision Forum and Grace Family Baptist Church, along with American Vision have a great selection of books , DVDs and other resources.

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I would definitely move "Shepherding a Child's Heart" to the top of your "to read" list. I can't recommend it highly enough! Absolutely AWESOME book. Please let me know what you think about the "Marriage to a Difficult Man..." book. I currently have a biography of Jonathan Edwards on my nightstand, but this one looks intriguing too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Mrs. Sewell said...

Thanks Julie! I will definitely move that one up! Thanks for the suggestion!

God Bless
Crystal <><

Deborah said...

Hi Crystal:)
I have so many books going on at the same time that I would have to go look them all up. So instead will just comment about a few - I started Jan 1st reading a one year Bible which I am very excited about and committed to finally reading the Bible completely through. I just pulled back out of my drawer the other day Shepherding a Child's Heart - very good - I continue to reread it. Two on your list that I have wanted to read are Passionate Housewives... and Homemaking by JR Miller. I hadn't heard of the other ones about letting God plan your families etc but would be interested. I have had many thoughts and prayers and now change of heart with that (but still end up having doubts.) One of the pieces along the way was someone gave me a copy of a magazine called Above Rubies. They also have a website - I don't know if you have heard of them. Actually maybe Nancy Campbell is part of it - her name sounds familiar all of a sudden.
Sorry about the long comment. Hope all is going well with you.

Mrs. Sewell said...

Hey Deborah!

Yes, Nancy Campbell and her husband run Above Rubies. I really like that site, and I get her newsletters through my email. I highly recommend "Be Fruitful and Multiply".

Happy Reading!

God Bless
Crystal <><

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon