Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just a Note

Motherhood is hard work. Biblical womanhood seems to be even tougher. Recently I spoke with a friend who reminded me that our babies are “sweet and blessings from the Lord”. I must admit that when Charlotte refuses to sleep and Sofia refuses to obey me, I lose perspective of the Biblical Truth; children are a blessing NOT a burden.

Lately I have been tired and my attitude has not been Christ-like towards my husband or my children. How gracious my husband is to love me through and in spite of my imperfections, and I have an infinite amount of them.

When I began this blog I wanted to use it to encourage and teach other women how to honor God by serving Him and their families. As the years have unfolded I hope that I have been transparent as to my heart’s desire to honor God and serve Him and my family, by acknowledging that I am not perfect and that I am still very much in need of a Savior to guide my every step.

Biblical motherhood is a role that I take seriously, even when I stumble and fall flat on my face. My heart longs to raise a generation that serves only Him. I want my marriage to reflect the relationship between me and my Jesus. I want my husband never to be ashamed to call me his “bride” and trust that I am nurturing our children in a way that reflects the manner in which Christ nurtures us.

I am learning that surrounding myself with like-minded Christian women has encouraged me a great deal. There are times that they have even had to remind me to take my own advice. These women I have come to love more than just mere friends, but as sisters. God is the best “match maker”, not only in the area of marriage, but with our friendships as well.

From the very moment I submitted my life to the Lord I have had to go through many processes of “cutting things/people” out of my life. God continues to prune, shape and mold me into what He wants me to be. I am grateful that He will finish the work He began in me nearly 5 years ago. I am honored to have so many readers; and the comments that are left and the emails that are sent bless my heart tremendously. I pray that God is honored and glorified in all that I write here on this blog. I love to share my life, both the good and the bad with you all, and I pray that it in some way offers encouragement to those who are in the same season of life that I find myself in.

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You have blessed me tremendously! Love ya!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon