
There is something so amazing in watching my Sofia interacting with her new baby sister. I can see how the Lord has placed inside each woman a desire to nurture a baby. Charlotte will be 5 weeks old tomorrow and I am already beginning to see time slip through my finger. Each day as I hold my precious babies I realize just how fast time passes. It seems like yesterday my Sofia was a wee baby like my Charlotte is now. I wish I could keep them this little forever. However, the Lord has amazing things planned for my daughters. He has placed in me a heart’s desire to bring them up in His ways and instill in them a sense of true femininity that they will someday pass to their daughters. As I watch my daughters grow in grace and favor with the Lord, I can only pray that they will remember just how much I enjoyed being their mother. I hope that they will always know that they were my greatest accomplishments. There is no other occupation that has given me the joy that being Sofia and Charlotte’s mother has. My love for them is constantly growing and I pray that from my example they will learn how to be a great Godly women.
I truly believe that the way to change the next generation is through Godly parents training up their children in the ways of the Lord. There is nothing in this world more important than how our children view God. Their relationship with Him is most crucial to their souls, which is more important than any degree or occupation they could ever obtain.
In Christian artist Chris Sligh’s song, “Empty Me”, he says “Everything is a lesser thing compared to You”. How true this is! We should all seek to have the Lord empty us of everything that isn’t of Him. I also want to teach this to my children. As we walk through this process of sanctification the point is to lose ourselves in the Jesus Christ. He is our identity. He is who we are to be seeking to become more like. We are not to be seeking to be like mere man but we are to give all of our worship to the Creator of all things. So if the thing in which you are in pursuit of at this very moment doesn’t end with Christ being Lord of your life, then abandon it, repent and run straight for Jesus Christ at once! If we want to change the next generation, then we must take up our cross and follow hard after the Lord. We are to be the example for our children. No one else has more influence on our children than we do. The only way the world has influence on them is if we allow it.
“Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.” Job 36:26
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Friday, August 8, 2008
Lead By Example
Labels:
Biblical Living,
Blogging,
Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I feel exactly the same way! We are the greatest influence on our children's lives right now. We have to make it count!
Post a Comment