Monday, April 28, 2008

A New Week--And Some Recommendations


This past weekend was full and busy. I managed to get clothes and diapers washed, the kitchen cleaned (cabinets still is desperate need of re-organizing), the cats room floor mopped and deodorized (my hubby did that for me), bought two new pair of maternity pants (as I am getting bigger and bigger by the second), got a new hair cut (because my hair looked like a ratted mop), balanced the checkbook (whoo hoo and there is money left over!), and did the grocery shopping (my feet are killing me!). So I was a very busy mommy this weekend.

Now it is Monday and I am trying to catch up on reading and answering emails that have piled up over the weekend. My daughter is occupied at the moment with her Lamby and rolling off the couch onto a pile of pillows she aligned on the floor to catch her fall! Smart Child!

One place that I visit just about daily is Jess' blog “Making Home”. She always has the best links on her blog. On Saturday she posted a whole bunch of great article links that I am eager to check out. I hope that you will all take some time to see what she has posted.

Over at “Ladies Against Feminism” there is an eye opening article from the Washington Post on Barrack Obama's position on abortion entitled “Obama's Abortion Extermism”. The issue of abortion is the #1 deciding factor in who Malachi and I will vote for. We are Pro-life and we know that neither Democratic candidate is, so you can bet we won't be voting for either of them. Randy Alcorn blogged about the Planned Parenthoods slogan of “Every child a wanted child”. I completely oppose Planned parenthood but like Jess says, “Although their approach is entirely wrong, the slogan is something we can all agree on- every child is wanted (if not by the bio mom, there are hundreds of adoptive parents waiting in line).” I hope that you will take the time to pop over and read his blog.

Are you needing some new fresh ideas for supper or lunch? Here are a few sites that I love to use to keep my menus fresh and delicious:


Tammy's Recipes

Traditional Family Recipes

Hillbilly Housewife


The Duggar Family Recipes

Unfolding Grace (My friend Sadie's Recipes)


I use these sites frequently. I hope they help you make some new menus for your family.

My baby sister is pregnant and due with her first child (a boy) 4 weeks before me. On Saturday I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some great yarn to crochet a blanket for my new nephew. I haven't had 5 seconds to actually sit down and start on it, but I will get to it! I just love to crochet. My dad's second wife taught me how when Malachi and I were first married. It wasn't until her last visit was she able to teach me some really neat stitches. I made a simple blanket for my middle sister's daughter and it turned out really sweet. With this blanket I am going to try the new stitches that I learned. So we will see! Of course when it is complete I will post pictures!

I plan on getting to my kitchen cabinets this week and re-organizing them. I also need to get the master bedroom and Sofia's bedroom cleaned and organized. So much to do! We are going to hire someone to clean our carpets upstairs before Charlotte is born. We also plan on organizing and cleaning out our downstairs junk room. It is a total disaster! I will post some before and after pictures of all my projects.

In the meantime I pray that you all have a great and blessed week.

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Wow, busy weekend! I'm impressed! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon