Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Book Recommendations


I love to read anything that edifies me and encourages my walk with the Lord. I also love to read books or articles that help me to stay focused on my role as a Godly wife and mother. After my relationship with the Lord, being a wife and mother are the two most important relationships I have. Over the past couple years I have come across a few books that have become my favorite reads. I thought I would share them with you all and I hope they encourage and bless you as they have me!









Biblical Womanhood


The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace

I did this book as a study with some ladies in my church and it was great! I love to go back and read this book over and over again. Martha Peace does a great job at focusing on the wife and mother's role and responsibilities.


Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother by Carolyn Mahaney

This book I purchased awhile back and I am reading it for a second time. Carolyn Mahaney outlines 7 virtues that a Godly wife and mother should have.


Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Noel Piper

Malachi and I really enjoy John Piper, so it was no surprise that I loved this book written by his wife Noel. I bought this book around Christmas time last year and I have enjoyed reading it. Noel Piper has included the traditions of her family and how she and her husband keep all their traditions centered around God.


Christian Living


Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

This was the very first book, apart from the Bible that Malachi and I read together. Malachi introduced me to C.S. Lewis and ever since then I have just loved every book by him. Mere Christianity is my favorite book other than the Bible. Malachi and I have given away countless copies of this book! We recommend every new believer read this book. Heck, we recommend anyone who hasn't read this book to read it! It is just that good!


The Bible by GOD

Yes this is a book that ALL Christians need to read from cover to cover! God has given us all the information needed to live this life for Him. As Christians we need to always seek to please the Lord. In order to know how to please God, we need to be totally immersed in His Word. I would even leap to say the only reason that I want my children to learn to read, is so that they can read the Bible. There is no greater wisdom than the wisdom of the Lord, and the only place to obtain this wisdom is by reading the Holy scriptures and applying them to our lives.



These are my book recommendations for now. The last book recommendation should be the first on every Christian's “To Read” list.


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)


No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon