Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Easy King Cake Pastry


Tonight I decided to make a dessert for after our prayer meeting. I thought I would share this VERY easy recipe with you all. Tonight I used chocolate chips, instead of the sliced apples. I hope that you will try this recipe and love it as much as we do! A friend of mine from church gave me this recipe last year and I just fell in love with it!


Easy King Cake

2 pkgs. Refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 apple
Cinnamon sugar
Glaze (1 cup powdered Sugar + 3 or 4 t water)
Colored sugar (put in bag with food coloring and shake)

Unroll and separate crescent rolls, and lay out in a ring, partially
overlapping the bases (it looks kind of like a sun). Mix cream cheese,
1/3> cup pwd sugar, and 1/2 t vanilla until smooth, then spread on top of the
dough at the center of the ring (not out to the tips!). Peel and slice
apple and lay over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle generously with
cinnamon sugar. Wrap the tips of each crescent roll dough over the filling mixture toward the inside of the ring and tuck gently underneath the base. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Cool before adding glaze and sugar. If you want a bigger cake, use 3 rolls of dough and increase cream cheese to 8 oz. and powdered sugar to 2/3 cup. You can get creative with the fillings, of course, like pecans, chocolate chips, pie filling, etc. ENJOY!


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon