Friday, December 21, 2007

Menu Planning and Saving Money


Menu Planning and budgeting for meals is something I am always learning to do. We are living off of one income and it is not easy! I have felt the conviction of over spending when it comes to food and I have been seeking wisdom in remedying this problem. Fortunately, there are many ladies who blog about this and have come up with great ways to save money by planning meals and planning out what to buy at the grocery store. I am taking this HUGE task on in hopes of being a good steward of the money my husband works so hard for and praying it helps us to save a little extra money.


Here are some helpful websites and e-books I have found that I am going to use to aid in implementing a weekly menu and budgeting for groceries.


Preparing Nutritional Meals at Minimal Cost---Found this e-book on Hillbilly Housewife


Menu Planning Made Easy---over at Hillbilly Housewife


Frugal Menus


Frugal Family Living


SAVE MONEY: Food and Cooking---blog post from Jess over at “Making Home”


I will be tackling my first menu planning sometime this evening when my dear sweet husband is home from work. I do love preparing meals that he loves and meals that I know Sofia (our picky eating 18 month old) will enjoy as well. I could eat spaghetti everyday and be happy, but I do know that my husband enjoys variety. I am also going to tackle a breakfast and lunch menu instead of just a supper menu plan. This is what I was doing before, and it kind of backfired as I never had any ideas on what to prepare for breakfast (other than cereal) or lunch (other than sandwiches).

I will blog about how this adventure pans out and if I find any other ways of saving money on groceries or easy supper ideas.


I do have a heart's desire to be a good steward of the things the Lord has placed in my possession. I want my husband to be proud of how his wife maintains a clean, healthy and well kept home environment, but also I want him to be proud of the way I handle and prepare the “bacon” that he works so hard to bring home.


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Staying on-track with menu planning and preparing frugal, yet tasty meals is definitely challenging. I've been trying to employ better coupon techniques lately myself. Can't wait to hear more about your menus! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon