Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Commitment to Loveliness


Is it Tuesday already? This day has gone by so quickly that I completely forgot it was Tuesday. Does that ever happen to you?

I pretty much completed my “5 things” last week! It being the beginning of a brand new week, and in keeping with my “Commitment to Loveliness” I need to make a new list of “5 things”. The “Commitment To Loveliness” is a way that we as women can bring back Biblical Femininity in our lives and in our homes. The Biblical women of scripture who sought to honor God with their lives, embraced true femininity. What is the description of “true Biblical femininity”? I found the best explanation/definition on Woman The Homemaker site that I absolutely love. This lady has 9 children and is a homemaker. I agree with a lot of what she says and disagree with other things, but on being a Biblical Woman, I agree fully! I will post an excerpt of what she has written about being a “Homemaker”.


1. We find here that with one sweep of the pen the Divine Spirit unfolds His plan and purpose for the woman.


2. God’s plan for the woman is homemaking. There is no higher goal that women may desire or achieve. There is no nobler calling for her upon earth. Within her god-appointed realm she moves as a queen; outside that realm in rebellion she is trouble.

3. More instructions to the homemaker are given in Titus 2:4,5--That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, (5) To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

4. There is a basic problem related to the crumbling family structure in America that is generally overlooked. That basic problem is that we have more homeforsakers than we have homemakers. According to statistics I have read--only 25% of American households have a working father as the whole source of income. That means that 75% of American homes are functioning contrary to and in rebellion of God’s order for the home.

I can’t tell you how many times I have been approached by ladies who are so stressed out (the ones I speak of here work outside the home) and can’t understand why …they often come to me because they think with 9 children I must have the secret for the peace they are searching for.

The answer to this stress is simple. Let the women go back home where God wants them, and let them be what God intends for them to be-HOMEMAKERS!”


She goes on to say,


HOMEMAKERS


1. A homemaker is, “one whose occupation is household management (Webster)
This is God’s instructions to the women in 1 Timothy 5:14, ”guide the house”and Titus 2:5 “keepers at home”. An occupation is that which occupies or engages one’s time and attention. There is no such thing as an accidental home. Homes are the result of those who are occupied with homemaking.

2. There is a growing need for strong churches, but it is not possible to have strong churches without strong homes. It is not possible to have strong homes without homemakers.

3. A good Old Testament example of a homemaker is found in Genesis 18:9-And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. Abraham didn’t wonder where his wife was, and he didn’t have to go check. He answered quickly, “Behold in the tent.”Abraham and Sarah had no children as yet at this time, but her place was still “in the tent” a homemaker.

4. Homemaking is a full-time job; it reminds me of that old adage “Mans work is from sun to sun, a woman’s work is never done”. (My mom was a wise ol gal)

5. Homemaking requires a character of strict discipline and the gumption to press on day after day, and to do the numberless chores, tasks and duties. The reason many have rebelled at their God-appointed place is because they are just plain lazy; another is they don’t really care about anything but themselves; and then there’s the sin of covetousness, wanting to be like the “Jones’s”!

6. Listen ladies, Homemaking is a profession of its own. In proverbs 31:10-31 we find an account of a homemaker-


A. She is classified as a virtuous woman (v. 10)
B. She is a help to her husband (v. 11-12).
C. She is a wise shopper (v.13-14).
D. She is a faithful cook (v. 16).
E. She has things growing at home (v. 16).
F. She is diligent (v.17, 18, & 28).
G. She is busy with sewing (v.19).
H. She is full of compassion (v. 20).
I. She looks ahead for the family- not taken by surprise. (v. 21-22).”


I am very much encouraged to know there are other Godly women in this world who are standing firm on the Word of God. It is refreshing to see other ladies who seek to serve the Lord against society's ways. I pray that in some way this encourages you as well. These are my “5 things” for the week!
1. To thank the Lord for the role He has honored me with.
2. To enjoy the next two days with my husband and daughter while he is off work.
3. To begin crocheting a blanket for my daughter.
4. To set time aside to snuggle with my husband, and listen to his interests and do things that he finds fulfilling.
5. Friday night Malachi's mother is spending the night, so I would love to have the house cleaned, have the room she will be sleeping in inviting and cozy, and make a good, hearty, nourishing supper, and think of some fun things to do for Saturday.

I pray that you all have had a greatly blessed day for this is the day the Lord has made!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

nannykim said...

hi--for the most part I agree with what is stated--women are to raise their children and be there for their husbands. I realize the prov 31 woman did have a home type of industry-it does say she considers a field and buys it; extends her had to the poor; plants fields; she makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies belts to the tradesmen--so she did some amazing things even in her culture. I do think because of this and because of womens' gifts that when they do not have children or when their children have grown and are outside of the home that a woman can use her gifts in many of the ways the prov 31 woman did outside of the home. I believe women really have an ability to nurture and being a nurse, working with hospice care, teaching in schools, etc and any area of talent the Lord has given them can be used for Him. My daughter has her doctorate--she worked outside of the home until she had a child. Now she is doctor of diapers ;-) .It talks about widows in I Tim 5---and that these women should have a reputation for good works (vs 10) and have devoted herself to every good work (vs10)--so women are to be devoted to good works (and you could define this in various ways)--some of these would be helping the poor--helping at soup kitchens, helping the elderly, helping in prison ministries with women there, helping with red cross, helping the mentally and physically handicapped, helping the sick etc.Many of these areas are paying jobs. But I do think good works could extend beyond this. However--I do feel the basic principle remains that when women are young and have children they should be keepers at home.

Mrs. Sewell said...

yes I agree with what you say. I guess I can only really speak about my convictions and how the scriptures apply to my life specifically. I think to we must remember that we are to submit to our own husbands, so my husband say no to working outside the home. So women would have to first search the scriptures and seek out God, and then submit to whatever their husbands would rather, as long as it does not cause her to sin.

God Bless
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon