
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith; henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all of them also that love His appearing." II Timothy 4:7-8
On September 11, 2007 the Lord called home a saint and a rainbow appeared. Dominique Chatman, born October 7, 1982 to Jolonda Bell and Raymond Edward Thompson, Jr. and later was surrogate to Mrs. Dana Carson and the late Mr. Gregory Carson (died at the same time). He departed this life at Sacred Heart Medical Hospital in Destin, Florida.
Dominique graduated from North Shore High School in Slidell, La and later matriculated to Delgado Community College and attended Southern University in baton Rouge, LA following hurricane Katrina. All at the same time pursing a career as Sales Supervisor at Best Buy in Metarie, La. He was fluent in the operating of technological equipment. He was a devoted and loving husband, son, brother and friend. He came to Christ as an early age and was baptized in 1992 by Reverend Shed Baldwin, Mt. Plain Baptist Church, Natchez Mississippi. He later attended Magnolia Baptist Church pastored by Reverend Bertell Davis. He is preceded in death by his surrogate father Mr, Gregory and maternal grandparents Ceceila Chatman and Mr. Booker T. Chatman.
He leaves the following loved ones to cherish his memories; a loving, caring and devoted wife, Mrs. Tandra Ward Chatman of Baton Rouge, LA; surrogate mother, Mrs. Dana Carson, paternal mother, Ms. Jolanda Bell of Baton Rouge...and many other family and loved ones.
(This part of the obituary is very long. So I opted to leave it out.)
Malachi said that the service was very moving. There was standing room only in the church. Best Buy employees from Lafayette and Metarie came to cover the store here in Baton Rouge! Malachi said that when he walked out of there his heart knew that Dominique is with the Lord! PRAISE THE LORD!
Dominique was newly married to his wife. Malachi said that she was unable to speak, so she wrote a letter to have read by her friend. This is what Malachi really remembers about what his wife said about him in the letter:
"Love gave him the ultimate test, which he passed without any thinking."
I cried last night, both tears of sadness because Dominique will be missed, and tears of joy because he is now resting with our Jesus!!!
The last time I saw Dominique I was in Best Buy waiting on Malachi to get something. I put Sofia on the counter at the Geek Squad and Dominique passed by and made a point to stop and say hello...he shook Sofia's hand and she acted bashful...as always!
Thank you all for your prayers.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Friday, September 21, 2007
In Honor Of Our Friend and Brother in Christ
Labels:
In Times of Loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment